Bantam Female and Midget Elite Female Coaching Position
Airdrie Minor Hockey Association is excited to offer a coaching position for our Bantam Female and Midget Elite Female teams. The successful candidate will lead all aspects of coaching during the competitive season. This position includes both on and off-ice activities and the coaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appointing Coaching staff
- Team selection (full-time roster and affiliate players)
- Develop a yearly plan and consistently assess progress
- Proactively plan and conduct purposeful practices
- Develop individual and team skills while fostering personal growth and development of all athletes
- Manage 2-3 on-ice sessions per week plus dryland sessions
- Attend ALL scheduled games as scheduled by the league
- Attend out of town tournaments and provincial playoffs
- Be required to work within the policies and procedures of AMHA
- Candidate must complete a police criminal check (vulnerable sector check)
AMHA prides itself on providing skilled coaches to our athletes and as a result, all coaches are expected to have a minimum:
- NCCP Development 1
- Checking Skills
- Respect in Sport certification
- Coaching experience
- Experience playing at Bantam level or higher
If you do not currently possess these certifications you will be required to complete them prior to the season start. (November 1st)
Applicants should be self-motivated, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, be resourceful, work well in a team environment and be able to motivate team staff and players. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge and experience in coaching female athletes, skill development offensive tactics, defense strategies, system play, and bench management.
The Midget Elite Head Coach Position includes:
- Paid Honorarium (head coach)
- Transportation, hotels, and meals for travel games
- Reimbursement for required coaching clinics and supplemental clinics/seminars
- On-Ice support
- Dedicated and consistent practice schedule
- Athlete development Supports including off-ice fitness expertise, nutrition advice, and education athlete mental strength training
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit your coaching resume and cover letter that includes you coaching philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
About Airdrie Minor Hockey Association
Airdrie Minor Hockey was incorporated as a not for profit Minor Sports Association in 1983. We have grown rapidly in size, just like our city has since that. In 2000 we had under 400 players and in 17 years our number has reached a whopping 1490 registrants from Midget AAA to Mighty Mites. By 2017 we had over 1600 athletes register and over 500 volunteers.
Airdrie Minor Hockey is proud to be one of the only associations in Alberta who mandates Fair Play. We believe that all players should be allowed to experience all situations and develop throughout the season and do best do that we require our coaches to follow the philosophy of All Players-All Lines-Every Opportunity.
For more information on our organization please visit www. Airdrieminorhockey.com
Organization: Airdrie Minor Hockey Association
September 01, 2018