Hockey Alberta Member Grant Program
The Hockey Alberta Member Grant Program - supported by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation - provides for new and exciting youth hockey programming opportunities in northern Alberta. The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation donation allows the Hockey Alberta Foundation and Hockey Alberta to support grassroots minor hockey initiatives and ensures every kid in every community has a chance to participate in a hockey program.
Priority for funding will be given to those in need for leadership development; introduction to hockey, female, para, and Indigenous hockey programming; and inclusion and diversity initiatives.
Application deadlines are:
- November 30, 2021 for programs completed by March 31, 2022.
- February 28, 2022 for programs completed by July 31, 2022.
If you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application, please contact Darcy Smith, Coordinator, Member Development.
The Hockey Alberta Member Grant Program allows access to funding for Hockey Alberta members in Northern Alberta. Priority areas for funding are leadership development; introduction to hockey, female, para, and Indigenous hockey programming; and ;inclusion and diversity initiatives.
Examples of programming eligible for the Hockey Alberta Member Program Grant include:
- Introduction to Hockey programs.
- Try hockey programs/days focused on engaging:
- Indigenous peoples
- the LGBTQ+ community
- Adapted sport
- Equity, diversity and inclusion education and training initiatives.
- Retention initiatives for low income participants.
- Operation of a recreational hockey program.
- Coaching education costs.
- Other accessibility programs.
The Hockey Alberta Foundation works to inspire every kid in every community’s passion for hockey. In collaboration with the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation, the Hockey Alberta Foundation can continue to grow the game in Northern Alberta.
Hockey Alberta encourages all member organizations, serving youth in the Red Deer area and north, who have an idea, project or program that aligns with the grant guidelines to apply for the Hockey Alberta Member Grant Program supported by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation. To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A Hockey Alberta Member.
- A non-profit organization. If awarded, the grant shall not be used to support "for profit" commercial programs or business ventures.
- Located in northern Alberta (Red Deer - north).
Please note that funding is not guaranteed and will be distributed based on an evaluation of need and the outline of criteria as established by the selection committee.
To apply for funding from the Hockey Alberta Member Grant Program supported by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation:
- Complete the fillable form below in its entirety.
- Please do not attempt to complete the form in Internet Explorer.
- You may begin the application and complete the form at a later date by clicking "SAVE FOR LATER".
- When completing the application, provide as much information as possible.
- Provide a detailed description of how the funds will be used, and why/ how you feel this will make a positive impact on or benefit the individuals, community or association on whose behalf you are applying.
- Include details on how your project will become sustainable.
- By hitting "SUBMIT", the application will automatically be forwarded to the selection committee for review.
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the year.
- Funds will be awarded twice a season.
- Application deadlines are:
- November 30, 2021, for programs completed by March 31, 2022.
- February 28, 2022, for programs completed by July 31, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
Should your group or association be awarded funding, a post-event accountability report is required. The following items must be included in this report:
- Brief summary of program success and challenges, highlighting best practices, partnerships, creative solutions, sustainability of program, participation statistics, and leadership development opportunities.
- Post-event budget (report of actual costs).
- High resolution digital photos showcasing equipment purchases, participants, instructors, Hockey Alberta/Hockey Alberta Foundation/Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation recognition items, etc.
- All participants must sign a model release form; the forms are to be submitted along with the photos.
- Copies of promotional materials (ie. posters, infographics, print advertisements, etc.).