High Performance 1 Application
The 2021 High Performance 1 Seminar will take place July 20-25 in Red Deer.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
National coach requirements relating to High Performance Certification and the 2021 Seminar indicate that:
All Head Coaches coaching U15, U16, U18 and Junior A teams that compete in Interprovincial, National Championships or the highest level as determined by the branch, must be High Performance 1 Certified. It is recommended that all Assistant Coaches be at minimum Development 1 trained.
In Alberta, this requirement will directly affect the following leagues:
- U15 AAA – Alberta Elite Hockey League
- U16 AAA – Alberta Elite Hockey League
- U18 AAA – Alberta Elite Hockey League
- U18 AAA Female – Alberta Female Hockey League
- Junior A – Alberta Junior Hockey League
- Accredited Schools – Canadian Sports School Hockey League
Those coaches applying for the NCCP High Performance 1 seminar must be currently coaching elite athletes in a competitive stream.
Priority will be given to those coaches that are:
- Currently or will be coaching in one of the above four required leagues
- Certified at the Development 1 Level
To complete the field evaluation following the seminar, coaches must meet the following criteria:
- For coaches in the male stream, you must be the head coach at the U15 AA Level or higher, or be assistant coaching at the U15 AAA level or higher, under proper guidance
- For coaches in the female stream, you must be the head coach at the U18 AAA level or higher or be assistant coaching at the College, University or Senior AAA level.
2021 High Performance 1 Seminar Application
Please fill out the High Performance 1 Seminar application in its entirety, including your hockey resume.