Future Leaders Criteria
- Interested in coaching/teaching hockey.
- Currently enrolled or accepted in a post-secondary institute.
- Endorsed by a coach, professor or instructor.
The eight candidates who are invited to and complete the requirements at the Hockey Alberta Provincial Camps will be eligible for the Hockey Alberta Foundation Award of Excellence in Leadership scholarship. Full scholarship will be awarded upon completion of the Spring, Summer and Fall program requirements. Scholarships are only available to those students who are:
- Current or incoming to a post-secondary institute.
- An Albertan (out of province students – 2yrs residency/attendance of a post-secondary institute prior to the application date).
- Minimum of a 2.0 G.P.A, enrolled in minimum of three (3) courses per semester and recognized as a full-time student.
Following participation in the Team Alberta Summer Camps, two future leaders will be identified as “Distinguished Leaders” and will receive an additional $3000 scholarship.
Note: If students are in the final year of schooling, they are still eligible to take part in the Future Leader Development Program but will not be eligible to receive a scholarship.