Every Kid Every Community Speaker Series
The Every Kid Every Community Speaker Series is a creative way to spread the message about Every Kid Every Community and engage grassroots hockey supporters in communities across Alberta.
Since its inaugural events in 2014 in Calgary and Grande Prairie, the EKEC Speaker Series has visited communities around Alberta. The community support and engagement has been phenomenal at each event, which is designed to raise funds for Every Kid Every Community, as well as to support specific local projects in the host community. Funds are raised through ticket, table, sponsorship and auction donations.
- Grande Prairie: Partnered with Grande Prairie Minor Hockey Association, Grande Prairie Athletic Club, the Grande Prairie Storm and the Bauer First Shift program to run a new Try-Hockey Program.
- Calgary: Partnered with the Calgary Flames to provide funds to the Football Hockey Link program.
- Medicine Hat: Partnered with Medicine Hat Minor Hockey Association and the Medicine Hat YMCA to offer support YMCA programs, and to host a skills clinic for female hockey players.
- Red Deer: Bob Nicholson, CEO, Oilers Entertainment Group was the featured speaker, with funds raised going to Every Kid Every Community grant initiatives.
- Lethbridge: Partnered with Lethbridge Minor Hockey Association, with funds raised going towards Lethbridge Minor Hockey community initiatives, and the Every Kid Every Community program.
- Olds: Partnered with Olds Minor Hockey, the Olds College Broncos and the Olds Grizzlys, with funds raised going towards Olds MHA, the Broncos, Grizzlys, and Every Kid Every Community program.
- Vegreville: Partnered with Vegreville Minor Hockey and KidSport Vegreville, with fund raised going towards Vegreville Minor Hockey, KidSport Vegreville and the Every Kid Every Community program.
We look forward to growing this event, if your community is in interested in partnering with us to host a Speaker Series Event, please complete the Intent to Host form below, or email the Hockey Alberta Foundation for more information.