Hockey Alberta has refocused its coaching development plan to invest in coaches to ensure relevance and the connection with coaches across Alberta. The philosophy and principles defined in the LTPD model will be activated and teaching the game will be centered on fun, teamwork, and player skill development. In addition to the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP), Hockey Alberta will offer additional coach education opportunities based on the needs of Alberta coaches and players.
What we do
Regional Centre Strategy
- Concentrated focus on coach development and coach support.
- Support to associations in working directly with their designated development director on coach and player initiatives.
- Formation of Regional Coach Development plan that will focus on instructional stream clinics, coach education and mentorship.
Access to Training
- NCCP Clinics (minimum requirements)
- Instructional Stream Clinic
- Professional Development Clinics
- LMHA Presentations
- Goalie Seminars
- Leadership Seminars
- Coaches Skills