Male Elite Player Movement Application
The application period for this form is May 1 to July 1 each year. Applications open May 1, and must be received by Hockey Alberta no later than July 1. No applications are accepted outside of this time period.
THESE ELITE PLAYER MOVEMENT PROCEDURES AND CORRESPONDING FORM ARE FOR U18 AAA, U17 AAA, AND U15 AAA ONLY.
The following are Elite Player Movement Procedures for any player who wishes to move from his permanent residence to play for an Elite team outside his resident draw zone.
Players are expected to play for the Elite Draw Zone Team that draws from the Team/Local Minor Hockey Association the player is resident within. If, however, a player wishes to move, the following application process must be followed:
- The player should only request movement for extenuating circumstances (i.e. considerably closer for travel, attending school elsewhere).
- The player completes a Player Movement Application Form (below) and has it signed by all necessary parties (as outlined on the form).
- Player submits the Player Movement Application and supporting documents by July 1 (no exceptions) to the Hockey Alberta office.
- Hockey Alberta Office notifies the player’s resident Elite Draw Zone Team and Local Minor Hockey Association that the player has submitted an application to move.
- The Resident Recruitment Area Team / Local Minor Hockey Association is asked to respond within five (5) days with their comments on the application.
- The Hockey Alberta office ensures documentation is complete and submits the request to the Male ADM Committee.
- The committee reviews the application which includes the Local Minor Hockey Association and Elite Draw Zone Team’s comments.
- The committee approves or denies movement (a decision will be rendered, via formal letter, prior to August 1).
- Notification of decision will be sent out from the Hockey Alberta Office to the Player, LMHA, Elite Draw Zone Teams involved, and the appropriate League(s).
- In the case that an affected Member is dissatisfied with the decision, the Hockey Alberta Appeals process may be accessed.
Note: ALL PLAYERS WILL RETURN TO THEIR RESIDENT LOCAL MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION AT THE END OF THE HOCKEY SEASON
NOTES ON COMPLETING THIS FORM:
- Required Fields: All fields noted with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Upload: When uploading files, preferred file format is PDF. Only single files can be uploaded. If more than one document is required, it may be necessary to merge into one file.
- Signatures: In lieu of affixing signatures to this ONLINE form, in the Required for Form Submission section, enter the email addresses for the identified individuals who need to approve the application. Each individual will receive an email with a link and access code which gives them access to the form to approved or decline the request. Email updates are provided as each individual authorizes the application.
- Forward Submission: To forward a copy of the form to recipients not included on the form, enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
- Save For Later: Once the form has been started, the form can be saved and completed at a later time by clicking SAVE FOR LATER. If using this option, you must save the provided URL and Access Passcode to access the secure webpage and complete the form submission.
- Submit: When you click SUBMIT, the form will be sent directly to Hockey Alberta and any recipients entered in the form will receive notice of the form submission by email.