Female Elite Player Movement Application
THESE ELITE PLAYER MOVEMENT PROCEDURES AND CORRESPONDING FORM ARE TO BE USED WITHIN THE MIDGET ELITE AND BANTAM ELITE LEVELS OF FEMALE HOCKEY ONLY.
THIS APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE HOCKEY ALBERTA OFFICE PRIOR TO JULY 1.
The following are Elite Player Movement Procedures for any player who wishes to move from her permanent residence to play for an Elite team outside her resident recruitment area.
Players are expected to play for the Elite Recruitment Area Team that draws from the Team/Local Minor Hockey Association the player is resident within. If, however, a player wishes to move the following application process must be followed:
- The player should only request movement for extenuating circumstances (i.e. considerably closer for travel, attending school elsewhere).
- The player completes a Player Movement Application Form (below) and has it signed by all necessary parties (as outlined on the form).
- Player submits the Player Movement Application and supporting documents by July 1 (no exceptions) to the Hockey Alberta office.
- Hockey Alberta Office notifies the player’s resident Elite Recruitment Area Team and Local Minor Hockey Association that the player has submitted an application to move.
- The Resident Recruitment Area Team / Local Minor Hockey Association is asked to respond within five (5) days with their comments on the application.
- The Hockey Alberta office insures documentation is complete and submits the request to the Female Hockey ADM Committee.
- The committee reviews the application which includes the Local Minor Hockey Association and Elite Recruitment Area Team’s comments.
- The committee approves or denies movement (a decision will be rendered, via formal letter, prior to August 1).
- Notification of decision will be sent out from the Hockey Alberta Office to the Player, LMHA, Elite Recruitment Area Teams involved, and the appropriate League(s).
- In the case that an affected Member is dissatisfied with the decision, the Hockey Alberta Appeals process may be accessed.
Note: ALL PLAYERS WILL RETURN TO THEIR RESIDENT LOCAL MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION AT THE END OF THE HOCKEY SEASON