EKEC Grant Application Form
The Every Kid Every Community Grant is an annual program to support hockey in Alberta. Funding for the Every Kid Every Community Grant is raised through the efforts of the Hockey Alberta Foundation and The Curtis Glencross Legacy Fund. The Glencross Legacy Fund was established through a generous gift by the Curtis Glencross Roughstock Invitational Rodeo in 2012 and is supported annually from dedicated monies raised through the event. It is through these donations that allows Hockey Alberta to support grassroots minor hockey initiatives and ensure all kids have a chance to participate in a hockey program.
If you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application, please contact the Hockey Alberta Foundation office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELIGIBILITY: The Hockey Alberta Foundation would like to encourage all Community groups, Pond Hockey Programs, Youth Groups, Recreational Groups, Community Leagues and Local Minor Hockey Associations (LMHA) and clubs who have an idea, project or program that align with the EKEC guiding principles whereby an individual OR group may benefit from the grant. All applications must be received from Alberta based organizations or individuals and if awarded, the grant shall not be used to support “for profit” commercial programs or business ventures.
- HOW TO APPLY: Complete the fillable form below in its entirety. Please do not attempt to complete the form in Internet Explorer. You may SAVE FOR LATER, and complete the form at a later date. When you SUBMIT, the form will automatically be forwarded to the Hockey Alberta Foundation for review.
- SELECTION PROCESS: Applications can be submitted at any time during the year. Applications are reviewed and funds awarded quarterly (November, February, May and August) based on application, eligibility and need. Application deadlines are October 31, January 31, April 30 and July 31 for the respective quarters. In submitting this application, funding is not guaranteed and will be distributed based on an evaluation of need and the outline of criteria as established on the EKEC Grant Information Document.
- INFORMATION: When completing the application be sure to provide as much information as possible. Provide a detailed description of what the funds will be used for, why and how you feel this will make a positive impact or benefit the individual, community or group you are applying for. Please include details on how your project will become sustainable.
- POST-EVENT ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT: Should your group or association be awarded EKEC funding, a post event accountability report is required. The following items must be included in this report:
• Brief summary of program success and challenges, highlighting best practices, partnerships, creative solutions, sustainability of program, participation statistics, and leadership development opportunities
• Post-event budget (report of actual costs)
• High resolution digital photos showcasing equipment purchases, participants, instructors, Hockey Alberta/Hockey Alberta Foundation recognition items, etc. All participants must sign a model release form; the forms are to be submitted along with the photos.
• Copies of promotional materials (ie. posters, infographics, print advertisements, etc.)
PLAYER ASSISTANCE GRANT
Local Minor Hockey Associations can apply for funding through this grant to assist with covering fees, equipment costs and additional costs for kids within the community who may not have access to the financial needs required to play the game of hockey otherwise. Player Assistance Grants can be awarded to a maximum of $200 per player to a maximum of $3,000 per year per LMHA.
In the appropriate sections below, please attach a list of the individuals you will be supporting and it must include first name, last name, date of birth, parent or guardian name, contact phone number, LMHA they are registered with. This list must also be verified and signed by two members of the MHA, one of whom must be the MHA President.
These funds are dedicated to the creation or support of an existing program that will focus on recruiting new players to the game of hockey regardless of age, skill or environmental factors. Program Grants are awarded to a maximum of $5000 per year per group. Under ‘exceptional circumstances’ funding exceeding $5000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Upon review of application, we may request additional information in order to make a decision. Some simple examples of programs and use of funds are, Floor Hockey Club (funds for renting space or equipment), Try Hockey Program (funds for renting ice or purchase of equipment), Pond Hockey Program and events.
In the appropriate section below, provide a detailed description of what the funds will be used for, why and how you feel this will make a positive impact or benefit for the individual, community or group you are applying. Please include details on how your project will
Please consider the following guiding principles when developing a project:
- CREATIVITY: There are a lot of different ways that grant funds can be utilized. We want to see your original and innovative project ideas.
- PARTNERSHIPS: Without community support through partnerships many organized sports would not be possible. Hockey Alberta would like to encourage applicants to work together with companies or organizations in their community to get the best possible access to hockey for all kids.
- ACCESS: The idea behind Every Kid Every Community is to make the game more accessible to kids across Alberta. Hockey Alberta wants to help communities create opportunities for kids that wouldn’t otherwise be available.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Hockey Alberta aims to have projects initiated that will break down financial and other barriers that hold kids back from getting involved. We would like to see these projects made available in the following years through community funding.
- LEADERSHIP: Hockey Alberta believes that through the Every Kid Every Community Grant, communities will have the opportunity to display leadership with their ideas and develop leadership among the kids.
EKEC Grant Application Form
All applications are considered, and we encourage you to get CREATIVE with your ideas and use of funding!