Spring Showcase 50/50
Each year Hockey Alberta brings together over one thousand athletes and dozens of team staff to identify, prepare, and develop teams that represent Alberta in regional and national competitions, and to compete for opportunities to represent the nation. Proceeds from the Hockey Alberta’s Team Alberta 50-50 will be used to offset athlete costs, enhance the athlete experience, and provide development opportunities for Team Alberta coaches and support staff.
- Alberta Cup (Licence Number 596989)
- Draw Date: May 1, 2022
- Winning Ticket Number: Claimed
- Alberta Challenge (Licence Number 596990)
- Draw Date: May 8, 2022
- Winning Ticket Number: Claimed
- Prospects Cup (Licence Number 596993)
- Draw Date: May 15, 2022
- Winner Ticket Number: 1007
- Prize Amount: $1,497.50
Prizes can be claimed by emailing [email protected]. The holder of the winning ticket must reach out by email by 11:59 pm on the Wednesday following the respective draw date.
1. Licensee: The 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be conducted by the 50/50 Licensee pursuant to a license (the “License”) from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (“AGLC”) and in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulations, AGLC Policy, AGLC Raffle Terms and Conditions, and the terms of the 50/50 Raffle Licensee Agreement between the 50/50 Licensee and Rafflebox Canada, Ltd (the “Service Provider”).
2. Date and Location of Draw: The draws will take place by Random Number Generation (“RNG”) online at HockeyAlberta.ca/5050 during select days to coincide with the 2022 Hockey Alberta Provincial Championships listed in the License (the “50/50 Licensed Event(s)”), provided the 2022 Hockey Alberta Provincial Championships takes place.
3. Rules: These are the official 50/50 Raffle Rules and are available upon request.
4. Eligibility: The raffle is open to the public. The Raffle is open to all persons who are residents of the Province of Alberta when purchasing tickets online. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Service Provider, the 50/50 Licensee including its Board of Directors and Officers, employees of Hockey Alberta Foundation, The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta), and members of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife, who reside in the same household) are NOT eligible to participate (defined as purchase tickets or receive prizes) in the 50/50 Raffle. Each ticket sold shall be eligible to participate in each draw conducted under the authority of the License.
5. Minor Children: Adult ticket purchasers are not to give their ticket to a person under the age of eighteen (18) years as required by the Public Trustees Act.
6. Tickets: Ticket pricing shall be:
Regular: Five dollars ($5.00) for one (1) ticket – List code A – 400 total numbers, $2,000.00 in value
Discount 1: Ten dollars ($10.00) for three (3) tickets – List code B – 900 total numbers, $3,000.00 in value
Discount 2: Twenty five dollars ($25.00) for ten (10) tickets – List code C – 2,000 total numbers, $5,000 in value
Discount 3: Fifty dollars ($50.00) for fifty (50) tickets – List code D – 10,000 total numbers, $10,000 in value
7. No Refunds. All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and entered the draw cannot be refunded, including if ticket purchasers made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase.
8. How to purchase:
Online - Visit HockeyAlberta.ca/5050 during the 50/50 Licensed Event and follow the directions to purchase and print the tickets for the Raffle:
(a) The initial landing page HockeyAlberta.ca/5050 is where the rules and cause of the 50/50 are explained. The button that says “click here to purchase” will take ticket purchasers to the purchase portal section of the page.
(b) In the purchase portal section, ticket purchasers:
- Select a price point for purchase and the quantity of that price point.
- Enter necessary personal information for purchase and agree to raffle terms and conditions.
- Enter their credit card information for purchase. Credit card payment will be the only payment method available.
(c) If the transaction is approved the ticket purchaser will receive a confirmation message and order ID followed by an email containing the ticket PDF as well as numbers on the ticket in the body of the message. It can take several hours for the ticket purchaser to receive their e-mail confirmation. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their e-mail address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their tickets and should check their spam and junk mail folders if they have not received their tickets by 9 AM MST the day after the 50/50 Licensed Event.
(d) If the ticket purchaser has not received their ticket by 9 AM MST the day following the 50/50 Licensed Event, they can e-mail [email protected] before Noon MST the day following the 50/50 Licensed Event to request that their tickets be resent. They must e-mail from the same e-mail they purchased tickets with. Tickets will be resent between Noon and 3 PM MST the day following the 50/50 Licensed Event.
In person – Tickets will be sold in person during event times, up until the sales closing time on the Sunday of the event. Visa, Mastercard, and Debit are the only methods of payment that will be accepted.
All methods of purchase may not be available at all times. If the System experiences any technical difficulties during an event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof), the Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) reserves the right in its sole discretion to: (i) cancel the Raffle; or (ii) suspend the Raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereupon it will resume. Should there be a power failure prior to the draw occurring, the draw will occur immediately after power can be restored. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension), The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or suspension.
9. The Draw: Tickets will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 AM MST on the 50/50 Licensed Event date. Sales will close as follows (unless all tickets have been sold)
Alberta Cup 50/50 (License 596989) 2:45 PM MST on the 50/50 Licensed Event date
Alberta Challenge 50/50 (License 596990) 3:15 PM MST on the 50/50 Licensed Event date
Prospects Cup 50/50 (License 596993) 4:15 PM MST on the 50/50 Licensed Event date
The grand prize draw shall take place after sales close, approximately fifteen minutes (15) after sales close at The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) offices within 201-120 College Circle, Red Deer, Alberta T4R 0T7. The winning ticket will be selected via Random Number Generator (“RNG”).
10. Winner Notification: The winning ticket number will be posted on The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) website at HockeyAlberta.ca/5050 no later than 11:59 PM MST the day of draw. In the case of a discrepancy between the posted number and the actual number selected through Random Number Generation, the actual number selected through Random Number Generation will be the valid winning number.
The holder of the winning ticket will have until the Wednesday following the respective draw to present the winning ticket to the 50/50 Licensee. The holder of the winning ticket may claim their prize by contacting the Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) office at [email protected] and forwarding their purchase e-mail and a copy of their government issued photo identification and address… PLEASE PUT PRIZE WINNER IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Each prize claimant must provide The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) with all information required by provincial gaming regulations to claim a prize. The prize claimant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release ("Release") which must be executed and returned to The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release. Should a prize not be claimed within the allotted time, The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta) will send a request to Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis (AGLC) for the prize to be donated to The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta).
The winner’s name will be publicized on the list of prize winners located at HockeyAlberta.ca/5050 as well as on the social media channels. All prizes will be awarded to the winners via certified cheque within thirty (30) days of the winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta).
11. The Prize: The grand prize will be 50% of the gross revenue from all tickets sold for the respective license. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the 50/50 Licensee’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize shall be paid by certified cheque from the 50/50 Licensee. The designated 50/50 ticket is validation for claiming the Prize. In the event that multiple names are listed by the ticket purchaser, the first name listed will be considered the winner by the Licensee and the payable amount will be made out to that specific person only.
Unauthorized persons copying, selling, or altering tickets are subject to prosecution. A 50/50 Raffle ticket will be void and a Prize not paid/redeemed if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, not issued, ineligible, altered, counterfeit, defective, printed in duplicate, or printed/produced in error. The Service Provider and the 50/50 Licensee are not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets redeemed in error by their agents. All tickets, transactions and winners associated with the 50/50 Raffle are subject to the rules, regulations and procedures put in place by the 50/50 Licensee and the lawful charges thereof.
12. Cancellation: The 50/50 Licensee may rescind, cancel, amend, or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the 50/50 Licensee reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the 50/50 Licensee determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Raffle.
13. Contact Information: Complaints, comments or concerns should be addressed to The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta), Manger Business Operations at [email protected] or in writing at Hockey Alberta, 201-120 College Circle, Red Deer, Alberta T4R 0T7, attention: The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (known as Hockey Alberta), Business Operations.