Application for Cross Stream Affiliation
- Do NOT upload any cross stream affiliate players in to HCR until you have official approval from the Hockey Alberta Regulation Coordinator.
- Applications for cross stream affiliations must be submitted no later than 5 P.M. on January 15.
NOTES PERTAINING TO THIS FORM:
- Required Fields: All fields noted with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Upload: When uploading files, preferred file format is PDF. Only single files can be uploaded. If more than one document is required, it may be necessary to merge into one file.
Forward Submission: To forward a copy of the form to yourself or another recipient not included on the form, enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
To forward a copy of the form to recipients not included on the form, enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
Select Division: In the Select Division field, select the level of hockey in which your MHA/Team participates in. For all Tiered Female Levels, please select Minor Female. For Elite Female Levels, please select the specific Division of hockey (i.e. U13 AA, U15 AA or U18 AA). This will ensure the appropriate Hockey Alberta Team member receives a copy of the form submission.
Save for Later: Once the form has been started, the form can be saved and completed at a later time by clicking SAVE FOR LATER. If using this option, you must save the provided URL and Access Passcode to access the secure webpage and complete the form submission.
- Submit: When you click SUBMIT, the form will be sent directly to Hockey Alberta and any recipients entered in the form will receive notice of the form submission by email.
Affiliation (Hockey Canada Bylaws & Regulations)
PURPOSE: To provide an opportunity for higher Division or Category Teams to dress the maximum number of Players allowable for a game in accordance with the Playing Rules.
- a) A Player of a Team of a lower Division or Category of the same Club, or of an Affiliated Team, or a specialty Affiliated Player, may Affiliate to a Team or Teams of higher Divisions and categories at any time, to a maximum of ten (10) games. However, if the Player’s registered Team completes its regular Season and playoffs before the Player’s Affiliated Team or Teams, the Player may thereafter Affiliate an unlimited number of times.
- b) Exhibition and/or Tournament games, which are not part of regular League games or play-off games, are excluded from the number of games referred to in Regulation E.35(a).
36 b) Appearance of a registered Player’s name on the official game report of a game shall be considered participation in the game except in the case of an alternate Goalkeepers, in which case actual participation only shall be considered as taking part in the game, and such participation shall be noted on the official game report.
- Affiliated Players used by a high Division/Category Team in a game, shall be designated on the official game report by the use of the symbol “AP” after their name on the Players line-up or roster.
- Affiliated Players remain Registered Participants of their lower Division/Category Team.
- A team of a higher Division or Category may not use an Affiliated Player prior to receiving consent of the Team with which the Affiliated Player is registered.
Cross Stream Affiliation
Female players playing on Minor Hockey teams may be permitted to affiliate to Female Teams, upon consideration of application to the appropriate Female Committee, Minor Female or Elite Female, and in consultation with the Minor Administration Coordinator.
An online form will be utilized to manage the submissions of applications for cross stream affiliations for females playing on Minor Hockey teams who want to affiliate to female teams. The form is to be completed by the Minor Hockey Association supporting the affiliation.
- MHA completes the online form and submits.
- In the signatory line, please submit the proper League President email address as well as the appropriate Minor Female Coordinator or Elite Female Director. If you are unsure of the appropriate Hockey Alberta Contacts, please reference the Volunteer Contacts page.
- Completed application is received by the Hockey Alberta Office.
- The appropriate Female Committee Coordinator or Elite Female Division Director reviews the application and works in consultation with the Minor Female Leagues as well as the appropriate Region Minor Administration Coordinator.
- After the review of the application approval/denial will be received electronically once all parties have had the opportunity to review the form.
- If the request is approved:
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation within an MHA, the MHA will upload a copy of the Approved Form to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation between separate MHA’s, the accepting MHA will initiate the transfer and upload a copy of the Approved Form to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.