2022 Alberta Challenge Regional Camps
Registration is now open for 2007 and 2008-born female athletes to take part in regional selection camps for the 2022 Alberta Challenge.
Both regional camps will take place April 8-10 at the following locations (dates and locations subject to change):
South Regional Camp - Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre (Cochrane)
North Regional Camp - Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre
- Registration is limited at each position at each camp.
- Eligible athletes must be permanent residents of Alberta.
- Only Hockey Canada/Hockey Alberta Registered Athletes are eligible to register.
If you are unsure in which Region you reside, or have any other questions, please contact Kendall Newell at [email protected] prior to registration.
The Alberta Challenge aids in the identification and selection of potential players for Hockey Alberta’s Team Alberta program, with hundreds of players annually trying out for 120 spots (20 positions on each of the six regional teams).
In addition to player development, the Alberta Challenge also features opportunities for administrators, referees, coaches, therapists and equipment managers to be identified for potential positions at higher level events, such as the National Women’s U18 Championships and Canada Winter Games.
All Athletes will respect, uphold and embrace:
- The guiding principle of "Professionalism" in that they treat all team staff members, officials, opponents, peers, administrators and all others in which they come in contact, with respect and dignity while involved in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The principles of fair play, safety and respect towards other athletes and recognize that fighting, verbal abuse, and checking from behind will NOT be tolerated, and may jeopardize further participation in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The spirit of competition in which athletes are expected to compete hard and fair and NEVER compromise the safety of another individual
- That winning is secondary, and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing your best are the primary goals
- That team staff members and officials are there to help you and will accept their decisions and show them respect
- The rules, bylaws and regulations of Hockey Alberta, and suspensions incurred in any Hockey Alberta Development Program will carry into the club system, as per Hockey Alberta Minimum Suspension Guidelines
- Specific rules and codes of conducts agreed upon by specific teams while involved in Hockey Alberta’s Development Programs
- Responsibility for all their own personal items.