Return to Hockey
Ready for Hockey!
Keeping hockey operating in Alberta - UPDATE JANUARY 7, 2022
While amateur sport has not been significantly impacted by the recent updates from the Government of Alberta, and CMOH Order 01-2022, there are some key pieces of information related to isolation and quarantine requirements. Please review the chart to help ensure we are able to keep players on the ice and finish the season. A PDF of the chart can be downloaded by clicking on the image.
As we start into the second half of our season, here are a few reminders of simple strategies and processes that can help keep our players, coaches and spectators safe.
- Players: continue wearing masks at all times when not engaged in physical activity (including dressing rooms)
- Coaches: continue wearing masks at all times while at the arena (including dressing rooms and on the bench)
- Utilize multiple dressing rooms when available to allow for physical distancing
- Set clear entry and exit expectations for teams during tournaments to help limit congregation in facilities
- Reduce the amount of time your players, coaches and spectators spend in the arena before and after games (don’t linger and congregate in groups)
- Work with facility personnel to ensure proper communication of and adherence to capacity limits (to be extra cautious, consider establishing a lower capacity limit for a tournament)
For any questions regarding COVID-19 or Hockey Alberta’s 2021-2022 Season Plan:
Email: [email protected]