RED DEER - Do you have a coach that has made a significant impact on your team this season? Nominate her for the BFL Coach of the Year award!
The BFL Female Coach of the Year Awards recognize and honor coaches who exemplify the positive values of hockey and sport, for their successful and outstanding achievements in player development and the leadership of their players and teams.
The BFL Female Coach of the Year Awards will honor one female community coach and one female high-performance coach in each province who have made outstanding contributions over an extended period of time coaching hockey programs within Hockey Canada female and/or minor hockey programs.
In addition, BFL Female Coach of the Year Award provincial winners will be considered in the selection of the national BFL Female Coach of the Year Awards for community coach and high-performance coach.
- Leads by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship,
- Places the emotional and physical well-being ahead of a personal desire to win,
- Places an emphasis on equitable participation of all players registered on the team,
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development of every player and staff member,
- Treats each player as an individual and understands the range of emotional and physical development,
- Does her best to provide a safe playing situation for all players,
- Uses the coaching techniques that are appropriate for all of the age and skill level of her players,
- Must be actively coaching at the female hockey, minor hockey or high-performance levels within the province the nomination originates from,
- Must be trained and/or certified in the Hockey Canada National Coach Certification Program,
- Must have completed all elements required to be an active coach,
- Must be a member in good standing within the Province the nomination originates from.
How to Nominate
Any individual may nominate a coach for the provincial coach awards. The nomination must clearly state whether the award nomination is for the community coach and high-performance coach category. The individual submitting the nomination should complete the online nomination form and should also include a covering letter of support (not to exceed 300 words). As well, the supporting materials will include testimonials as to why the individual should be considered.
Provincial Finalists will each receive:
- A cash bursary of $1,000 toward future coaching development
Grand Prize Winners will each receive:
- A trip for two (2) to the 2020 Women’s World Championship in Halifax, NS
- A cash bursary of $2,500 toward future coaching development