The Alberta Amateur Hockey Association (Hockey Alberta) is seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Chair and Vice Chair on its Board of Directors.
Candidates interested in serving as the Chair or Vice Chair of Hockey Alberta will possess some, or all, of the following attributes:
- Experience in role of Chair and/or Vice Chair.
- Experience chairing/leading meetings.
- Broad knowledge of board governance
- Passion for amateur hockey in the Province of Alberta
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Amateur hockey as an executive, administrator, coach or official
- Strategic planning
- Business planning
- Risk management
- Policy development
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Marketing/public relations
In addition, please note the following:
- Previous experience on the Hockey Alberta Board is an asset.
- Previous experience on a not-for-profit board and knowledge of the workings of a board from a good governance perspective are preferred.
- An ICD (Institute of Corporate Directors) designation or equivalent training or experience working with a Board is an asset.
- Experience and understanding of the workings of a Provincial Sport Organization is an asset.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record Check is required.
If you are interested and would like to help shape the future of hockey in Alberta, please complete the online Nomination Form (including Credentials Summary and Conflict of Interest declaration) and submit via the Hockey Alberta website.
Nominations are to be submitted via this online form:
APPLICATION / NOMINATION FORM >
Deadline to submit a nomination package is JULY 31, 2019.