RED DEER - As the 2017-18 Alberta Female Hockey League regular season comes to a close, the Rocky Mountain Raiders (Midget AAA), St. Albert Sharks (Midget Elite), and Calgary Fire White (Bantam Elite) lead their respective leagues. This weekend marks the final weekend of regular season action for Midget AAA and Midget Elite, while the Bantam Elite playoffs kick off on Friday.
Heading into February, the Midget AAA Female standings are:
1) Rocky Mountain Raiders (68 pts)
2) St. Albert Ron Hodgson Slash (58 pts)
3) Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs (49 pts)
4) Lloydminster PWM Steelers (44 pts)
5) Calgary Fire (26 pts)
6) Edmonton Pandas (10 pts)
Rocky Mountain Raiders forward Nicole Fry heads into the final weekend of play atop the Midget AAA leaderboard with 40 points, while teammates Breanne Trotter and Chloe Puddifant lead the league in goals and assists, with 22 goals and 23 assists, respectively.
St. Albert goaltender Camryn Drever carries the league’s best goals against average, heading into March with a 1.36 GAA, and is tied with teammate Brianna Sank with a .940 save percentage, while Rocky Mountain Raiders goalie Stephanie Gross leads all Midget AAA goalies with 12 wins.
After four months of play, the Midget Elite standings are:
1) St. Albert Sharks (58 pts)
2) Sherwood Park Fury (53 pts)
3) Edmonton Pandas (29 pts)
4) Peace Country PCFAC Storm (29 pts)
5) Lloydminster Elite Steelers (26 pts)
6) North Central Impact (14 pts)
1) Calgary Fire White (53 pts)
2) Calgary Fire Red (53 pts)
3) Airdrie Lightning (49 pts)
4) Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs (29 pts)
5) Lethbridge Cyclones (26 pts)
6) Rocky Mountain Raiders (19 pts)
Calgary Fire Red forward Sydney Benko leads the league in goals (30) and points (37), while Peace Country’s Karsyn May and St. Albert’s Annika Neset both lead the way with 14 assists.
St. Albert’s Holly Borrett leads all Midget Elite goaltenders with a 0.92 goals against average, and .950 save percentage, while Airdrie’s Cianna Weir leads the league with with 13 wins.
In the Bantam Elite division, it has been exciting first few weeks of league play. The Bantam Elite standings heading into November are:
1) St. Albert Raiders (51 pts)
2) North Central Impact (44 pts)
3) Sherwood Park Royals (43 pts)
4) Edmonton Pandas (39 pts)
5) Peace Country Bonnett’s Storm (36 pts)
6) Lloydminster Junior Steelers (28 pts)
1) Calgary Fire White (63 pts)
2) Calgary Fire Red (49 pts)
3) Rocky Mountain Raiders (40 pts)
4) Olds Grizzlys (35 pts)
5) Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs (21 pts)
6) Lethbridge Cyclones (19 pts)
Sherwood Park’s Jenna Goodwin ended the Bantam Elite season on a strong note, sitting atop the league in goals (24) and points (34), with North Central’s Jacquelyn Fleming leading the way in assists, with 16.
Alexandra Kieren wrapped up her outstanding season with Calgary White, leading the way with a 0.92 GAA, a .950 save percentage, while North Central’s Laney Pasemko is the regular season leader in wins with 15.
The 2018 Bantam Elite playoffs officially kick off on Friday, as the Olds Grizzlys (4) battle the Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs. The other South Division series between the Rocky Mountain Raiders (3) and Lethbridge Cyclones (6) begins on Saturday, as do the North Division series between Sherwood Park (3) and Lloydminster (6), and Edmonton (4) and Peace Country (5). The St. Albert Raiders (1 North), North Central Impact (2 North), Calgary Fire White (1 South) and Calgary Fire Red (2 South) all earned first-round byes.
Bantam Elite Playoff Schedule >