Is there a member of the Alberta hockey community you feel should be recognized for their contributions?
Nominations are now open for the 2020 AHHF Induction Class. Nominations are sought from members of the public to recognize:
- individuals who have made a significant contribution to the game of hockey in Alberta through regional, national, or international accomplishments, or for their contributions to the growth and development of the game in Alberta.
- groups or teams who achieved a significant result at a National or International level or impacted on a provincial level under exceptional circumstances.
At minimum, a nominee must have:
- Made a significant impact to hockey during their time as an Alberta resident, having resided in Alberta for at least five years
- Exceptional service or contribution to the game of hockey in Alberta or at a national or international level
- Achieved significant personal, team and or professional accomplishment in the game
- Made an impact in the game beyond a local or regional level
- Received significant other recognition (i.e. inducted into the Canadian Sport Hall of Fame, Hockey Hall of Fame, Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, won a national or international medal or championship, major individual award)
Nominations will be accepted until November 30.
The 2020 AHHF Induction Class will be announced early in the new year, with the inductees recognized at the annual special gala event.
For more information on the Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame, including biographies of all Honoured Members, check out the AHHF website.