RED DEER - Hockey Alberta has updated its Return to Hockey Plan.
The original plan was released on June 30; the updated version is current as of August 21.
Based on feedback from our Member organizations and updated information from the Government of Alberta, the following updates are included in this version of the Return to Hockey Plan:
- A new component has been added to the plan: Modified Competition Season. This can be found in Section 6. The goal is to provide associations/ teams with an opportunity to finalize any tryouts/ evaluations, register rosters and prepare for an eventual return to the Regular Season, when permitted.
- Clarification of the types of competition allowed during the Development Season component in Section 6.
- Updated information on certification requirements, clinics and registration for Officials has been included in Section 5. Clarification that on-ice officials are not required until the new Modified Competition Season.
- Updated information on certification requirements, clinics and registration for Coaches has been included in Section 5.
- An updated Contact Tracing document has been included in Section 2.
- Updated requirements regarding the wearing of masks in Section 2.
- Updated requirements regarding Refunds in Section 2.
- Recommendation to include a force majeure clause in any future contracts that you negotiate.
- Addition of a Return to Hockey Member FAQ document as an Appendix listed in Section 3.
The updated Return to Hockey Plan, and its appendices, can be accessed here:
RETURN TO HOCKEY PLAN - UPDATED >
The health and safety of all participants in the sport is of paramount importance in all activities outlined in the Return to Hockey Plan. The threats and challenges posed by COVID-19 require specific steps to be taken to allow hockey back on the ice, and this plan addresses those requirements.
The Return to Hockey Plan – including the timelines included within it – is subject to change, as new guidelines and requirements are put in place by the Government of Alberta.