Reinstatement Application from Non-Sanctioned League
Hockey Alberta may permit teams that are not eligible to compete for a national or regional championship to register players who have been previously deemed ineligible due to their participation in an Non-Sanctioned League after September 30 of the current hockey season.
Prerequisites for applying for reinstatement:
- The player has participated in a Non-Sanctioned League after September 30 of the current hockey season; and
- The player wishes to be reinstated with Hockey Alberta/ Hockey Canada in the current hockey season.
Criteria for Hockey Alberta to consider approving an application for reinstatement:
- The accepting Member organization completes the Reinstatement Form.
- The family/ player includes a letter of explanation of the special circumstances.
- The team the player wishes to join includes a letter of support.
- For Minor hockey, the accepting MHA acknowledges the potential impact on tiering that could occur through the reinstatement process.
- A request from a team registered in the categories of U18 AAA, U18 Female AAA or Junior A will not be considered.
- A request from a team that may be displacing another player will not be considered.
- Hockey Alberta will work to provide a decision, if possible, within 72 hours (3 business days) of date of application.
NOTES ON COMPLETING THE FORM:
- Complete the form in its entirety. Please do not attempt to complete the form in Internet Explorer.
- You may begin the application and complete the form at a later date by clicking "SAVE FOR LATER". Ensure you keep a copy of the link and password to re-enter the form.
- By hitting "SUBMIT", the application will automatically be forwarded to Hockey Alberta for review.