2024 Prospects Cup Regional Camps
All regional camps will take place April 12-14 at the following locations (dates and locations subject to change):
- South Regional Camp (Olds) - Olds Sportsplex
- Calgary Regional Camp - Don Hartman NESS
- Capital Regional Camp (Edmonton) - The Meadows CRC
- North Regional Camp (Vegreville) - Wally Fedun Arena
Athletes who successfully register for Regional Camp will also be invited to attend three (3) Zoom Webinars in March to help athletes prepare for the Regional Camp, Short Term Competition and the Team Alberta Program in general. More information will be shared with registrants in February.
- Registration is limited at each position at each camp.
- Eligible athletes must be permanent residents of Alberta.
- Only Hockey Canada/ Hockey Alberta-registered athletes are eligible to register.
- Athletes are only permitted to register for the region in which they reside and the position for which they wish to be considered for the Alberta Cup. Any athlete who registers for an incorrect region or position may have their registration refunded less an admin fee and will not be guaranteed acceptance to attend the regional camp tryout, subject to the correct region/ position’s availability.
- Should there be no remaining places for the region and position an athlete is trying out, please contact Hudson Kelly to be added to a waitlist.
If you are unsure in which Region you reside, or have any other questions, please email Hudson Kelly ([email protected]) prior to registration.
ABOUT THE PROSPECTS CUP:
The Prospects Cup aids in the identification and selection of potential players for Hockey Alberta’s Team Alberta program, with hundreds of players annually trying out for 160 spots (20 positions on each of the eight regional teams).
In addition to player development, the Prospects Cup also features opportunities for administrators, referees, coaches, therapists and equipment managers to be identified for potential positions at higher level events, such as the Alberta Cup, Team Alberta’s U16 Male Team,the World U17 Hockey Challenge and Canada Winter Games.
All Athletes will respect, uphold and embrace:
- The guiding principle of "Professionalism" in that they treat all team staff members, officials, opponents, peers, administrators and all others in which they come in contact, with respect and dignity while involved in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The principles of fair play, safety and respect towards other athletes and recognize that fighting, verbal abuse, and checking from behind will NOT be tolerated, and may jeopardize further participation in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The spirit of competition in which athletes are expected to compete hard and fair and NEVER compromise the safety of another individual
- That winning is secondary, and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing your best are the primary goals
- That team staff members and officials are there to help you and will accept their decisions and show them respect
- The rules, bylaws and regulations of Hockey Alberta, and suspensions incurred in any Hockey Alberta Development Program will carry into the club system, as per Hockey Alberta Minimum Suspension Guidelines
- Specific rules and codes of conducts agreed upon by specific teams while involved in Hockey Alberta’s Development Programs
- Responsibility for all their own personal items.