Strathcona Summer Hockey League
2000 Premier Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 2G4
· Elected for a one (1) season term, the Referee-in-chief will facilitate, encourage, promote and administer referee functions for the Strathcona Hockey League.
Recruitment, Retention & Development
· Plays an active role in retaining officials on a seasonal basis and recruits new officials whenever necessary.
· Shall conduct a pre-season and post-season meeting with referees.
· Coordinates any referee clinics and any additional training as needed.
· Responsible for ensuring that officials are scheduled for every game.
· Evaluates, supervises and monitors referee performance.
· Shall be responsible to keep an up-to-date sub list of all available contracted referees and their contact information.
· Shall be responsible for managing complaints, resolving concerns that pertain to any and all referees.
· Be available to answer questions pertaining to rules and regulations from officials and team representatives
· Ensures proper communication with league programmers in resolving conflict and game rescheduling.
· The referee-in-chief shall receive an assignor fee of: $175 per registered team
Summary of Qualifications
· Obtains a thorough understanding of game management protocols (penalties, suspensions, rules of play, etc.),
· Hockey rule and officiating procedural knowledge. Experience as an official is a definite asset.
· Ability to organize and schedule.
· Must have access to a computer and internet service
· Must be able to access, navigate and proficiently use Microsoft Outlook and excel
Organization: Strathcona Summer Hockey League
Contact: Constance Connelly
November 30, 2018