[N/A] Men’s Hockey Head Coach
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre- eminent small university.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics & Recreation, the successful candidate will be results-oriented team player with a positive can-do attitude. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the organization, development and implementation of a post-secondary men’s hockey program that abides by the institution and the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) codes of ethics.
This contract position is a part-time position with an annual salary range of $25,000 – $30,000, and is expected to begin in September 2019.
Responsibilities will include:
· Recruitment of student-athletes, attendance at team practices, competitions and team functions, and team fundraising.
· Develop and maintain a competitive program that encourages integrity, sportsmanship, honesty and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, peers, media and the hockey community will be essential.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required; A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
· Post-secondary coaching and/or playing experience will be considered an asset.
· Completion of the NCCP coaching certification level I (or equivalent) as a minimum would be required; completion of the NCCP coaching certification level II would be considered an asset.
· The preferred candidate will have elite level coaching experience.
· Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team-based environment and the ability to exercise good judgement.
· The ability to work flexible hours and travel, is required.
· Valid class 5 Drivers’ License with the ability to provide a clear current driver’s abstract.
Organization: Concordia University of Edmonton
Contact: Joel Mrak
June 21, 2019