Head Coaches for U13AA/U15AA/U18 AA
Airdrie Minor Hockey Association (AMHA) is growing rapidly and has an immediate need for Head Coaches for each of our AA teams for the 2024-25 season, starting spring of 2024 for:
- U18 AA Mixed
- U18 AA Female
- U15 AA Mixed
- U15 AA Female
- U13 AA Mixed
- U13 AA Female
- Attend and run the Spring ID Camps to be held in April
- Evaluation and selection of the best players available to play on the applicable AA Lightning team.
- Lead and plan team practices (2 to 3 times per week) that build skills and reinforce the learning process.
- Develop game plans and lead game day coaching activities.
- Lead and support in developing, teaching, and instructing the athletes in conditioning, on-ice technical skills and leadership qualities on and off the ice.
- Be a role model by setting a good example for players and showing respect for coaching staff, parents, opponents, and officials.
- Build player confidence and self-esteem.
- Have a consistent disciplinary policy for players, appropriate to the age level and communicate to both players and parents to set expectations.
- Attend all scheduled AMHA coach meetings and seminars.
- Uphold the AMHA policies and procedures.
- Adhere to AMHA ice time policy and understand the benefit of a balanced line-up regarding overall team play, moral, self-esteem and confidence in players.
- Always represent AMHA in a professional and personal manner that reflects positively upon the organization.
- Treat players with respect and deliver good and properly timed feedback.
- Continue to upgrade coaching skills through various forms.
- Abide by AMHA dress code recommendations and have coaching staff wear AMHA apparel for practices and games - no other organization or club shall be represented while participating in an AMHA event.
- Be responsible for players at arenas, hotels, and team functions.
- Be a teacher first and focus on teaching skills and logical progression and it applies to the game.
- Hockey Alberta Development 1
- Checking Skills Course
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader
- Have a clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Paid Honorariums
- Paid Coach Certification Upgrades
Please forward your coaching resume to Pat Stachniak for Mixed AA or Brendan Clavelle for Female AA, by March 1.
Pat Stachniak - [email protected]
Brendan Clavelle - [email protected]
Organization: Airdrie Minor Hockey Association
Contact: Carol Luterbach
Email: [email protected]
March 01, 2024