The Head Coach would need to commit to take part in the Team Alberta events for the 2022-23 season:
- Tryouts camp at the end of October in Okotoks to pick the team
- 4-5 Team Alberta camps in Alberta (2-3 day camps depending on availability of ice)
- 2023 Canadian Championships in Quebec; May 18-21
· Experience with coaching athletes in Hockey and willingness to learn to coach Para Hockey.
· Proven ability to work in a team setting, providing professional leadership and direction.
· Ability to conduct and plan on-ice sessions at the provincial level.
· Ability to coach and prepare a team for a short term competition.
· Ability to work closely with others (i.e. High Performance Program Coordinator, Director of Operations, Team Manager, Assistant Coaches, etc.).
· Minimum level coaching level - NCCP Development I Certification.
· Director of Operation & High Performance Program Coordinator
· Acts as a liaison between Director of Operations and the Assistant Coaches, Team Manager and Equipment Manager.
· Coordinates the delegation of responsibilities to the Assistant Coaches, Team Manager and Equipment Manager.
· Plans on-ice and off-ice team activities in consultation with the Assistant Coaches, Team Manager and Director of Operations.
· Coordinates with Assistant Coaches on player selection.
· Plans, implements and controls pre-game preparation and communication with the team.
· Designs any necessary practice plans in consultation with the Assistant Coaches.
· Coaches the team during all games and practices.
· Help establish rules for the team and oversees the supervision/discipline of the players.
· Submits Final Team Plan to the Director of Operations & Team Manager in a timely fashion.
· Ensures professional conduct by all coaches and athletes throughout the Program.
· Attendance at Camps & Team Exhibition Games.
· Attendance at the Canadian Sledge Hockey Championship.
Organization: WSA Team Alberta Para Hockey Program
Contact: Dean Krawec
Email: [email protected]
August 31, 2022