Coordinator, Marketing & Communications (Social Media)
Love sport? Love social media? Love being part of a team? Hockey Alberta is seeking an energetic and creative social media expert to join the organization as our newest Marketing and Communications team member.
The Marketing and Communications department provides expertise, leadership, and services to Hockey Alberta and the Hockey Alberta Foundation. This includes: social media, website and online digital content, direct communication, media relations, public relations, promotions, graphic design, event planning and execution, photography, and video. Marketing and Communications staff work with internal and external stakeholders, including Hockey Alberta and Hockey Alberta Foundation staff and volunteers, Member organizations, participants, external agencies, Hockey Canada and its Member Branches, the media, and other partners in the hockey community.
The Coordinator, Marketing and Communications position currently being sought has two main areas of responsibility:
- In conjunction with Senior Manager and Manager, establish and oversee the social media plan for all platforms for Hockey Alberta and Hockey Alberta Foundation.
- Manage and grow social media presence for Hockey Alberta and Hockey Alberta Foundation.
- Develop and execute campaigns, paid advertising and other tactics to increase engagement, and promotion of programming, events and partners.
- Using analytics, provide recommendations on how to optimize social media campaigns and measure the impact of social media on overall communications efforts.
- Maintain a consistent voice and appearance across social media platforms, based on Hockey Alberta standards and established best practices, to represent Hockey Alberta appropriately.
- Contribute blog posts and general interest hockey content for the distribution via social media channels and website newsfeed.
- Update and implement the Hockey Alberta Social Media policy across the organization and its membership.
- Assist with establishing the annual required budget for Hockey Alberta’s social media platforms.
EVENTS: Coordinating, overseeing and/or assisting with a specified set of event and program properties organized and hosted as part of annual planning by Hockey Alberta and the Hockey Alberta Foundation.
This is a full-time position based in our Red Deer office, operating under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Communications. The successful candidate liaises closely and works collaboratively with a team of Marketing Communications Coordinators, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, and staff members across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in relevant field preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting
- Minimum 1-3 years experience with managing all social media platforms for an organization or business.
- Experience with website CMS (custom and WordPress)
- Experience working on and coordinating large events
- Demonstrated writing, editing and grammar skills; ability to write for online/digital platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel and other Microsoft products
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud; primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Communication and organizational skills for working in a busy team environment
- Knowledge and experience in areas of office administration or other related disciplines
- Interpersonal Skills
- ability to positively and diplomatically communicate and interact with volunteers, members, sponsors, media, board members, executive, staff and general public
- ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- ability to meet various deadlines and work on ongoing projects
- Understanding of the sport of hockey and the business of sport is an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by the position
Salary is based on the Hockey Alberta Performance Management Policy relative to the successful applicant’s education and experience. Range - $49,292 - $57,990. Health benefits available following the completion of a six-month probation period, as outlined in the Policy. Travel compensation and computer are provided.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 11:59 pm (MT). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to:
Attention: Danielle Kraichy, Manager, Marketing and Communications
Email: [email protected]
ABOUT HOCKEY ALBERTA
Hockey Alberta is the governing body for organized hockey in Alberta and a proud member of Hockey Canada. We have remained a volunteer supported organization that formed in 1907. Hockey Alberta has over 400 members which includes the minor hockey associations and club teams that serve our approximately 100,000 participants. Our head office is in Red Deer at the Gary W. Harris Canada Centre at Red Deer College.
Vision: Hockey For Life.
Mission: To create positive opportunities and experiences FOR ALL PLAYERS through innovative leadership and exceptional service.
Integrity – Do the right thing for the right reasons
Community – Make a difference for all Albertans
Collaboration – Work together, win together
Innovation – Be curious, courageous, creative
Passion – Fuels our why, drives our what
Hockey Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment that provides opportunities for all.
Organization: Hockey Alberta
Contact: Danielle Kraichy
Email: [email protected]
May 18, 2022