Calgary Fire Elite Coach
Searching For a Winner! – Calgary Fire Elite Hockey Program
The Calgary Fire Elite hockey program is governed by the Girls Hockey Calgary Association (“GHC”) to develop eligible players in the sport of elite amateur hockey and provide the opportunity for players to reach their full potential. It is the goal of the Calgary Fire Elite Hockey Program to promote sportsmanship, personal development and the pursuit of excellence. The Calgary Fire Elite Hockey Program consists of two Bantam Elite, two Midget Elite, and one Midget AAA team competing within the Alberta Female Hockey League (“AFHL”).
The Calgary Fire Elite Hockey Program is a leading program competing in the Alberta Female Hockey League with a very successful 2018/19 season winning two gold championships, one silver, and one bronze.
We are searching for Head and Assistant Coaches for the upcoming 2019/20 season. The Head Coach will lead all aspects of coaching during the competitive season as well as limited time each spring. This will include both on and off ice activities. Coaching responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Appointing Coaching Staff [Assistant Coaches]
- Team selection (full-time roster and affiliate players)
- Develop Yearly Plan and consistently reaffirm progress
- Proactively plan and conduct purposeful practices
- Develop individual and team skills and foster personal growth and development of all athletes
- Manage two practices per week at set times
- Attend all scheduled games; 26 league games per season
- Attend out of town tournaments and provincial playoffs
- Be required to work within the policies & procedures of the Calgary Fire program
- Candidate will report into the Director of Elite
- Candidate must complete a police criminal check
-Three years coaching experience at the Elite level and/or above Candidate must be Development 2 certified by the beginning of 2019/20 season
-High Performance Level Coaching Certificated by the beginning of the 2019/20 season (Midget AAA only).
-Experience playing at the Jr. level, college/university level or higher.
-Experience in creating, planning, and strategizing
This position offers a competitive financial compensation package.
How to Apply:
Hockey bios & resumes are to be immediately emailed to Spryng Kubicek – Director of Elite - firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please include a brief cover letter and contact information for 3 references in your application materials. Review of Resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Organization: Girls Hockey Calgary Association
Contact: Spryng Kubicek
July 01, 2019