Calgary Fire Director of Elite Hockey Operations
Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC) is searching for a Director of Elite Hockey Operations.
The Director of Elite Hockey Operations will work closely with the VP Elite to execute the Elite hockey programs and overall hockey philosophy to provide the best hockey experience for all players, coaches, and families. The Director of Elite Hockey Operations will have day-to-day responsibility for the Calgary Fire Player and Coach Development Strategies.
This position is in Calgary, AB. The work environment will be a hybrid model and discussed with successful candidates. The hours of this position are evenings, weekends, with some meetings during the day. Occasional travel outside of Calgary may be required.
Position: Calgary Fire Director of Elite Hockey Operations
Deadline: Sunday, March 3, 2024
Expression of Interest Link: https://forms.office.com/r/GVEhXQYbq5
The Director of Elite Hockey Operations will have the following roles relating solely to the Elite Program unless otherwise stated:
• Responsible for pre-season and in-season hockey development of all programs
• Oversee tryouts for all levels of play.
• Oversee coaching development.
• Interact with the Ice Scheduler as necessary regarding ice scheduling for each age division.
• Post Secondary - work with players and coaches at theU15 AA, U18 AA and U18A AA levels for player advancement to post-secondary opportunities or hired 3rd party within budget.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for players, Coaches, and parents regarding
inquiries with respect to hockey development concerns
• Assist in recruitment and selection of teams for the Fire Starter Tournament and
the U13AA Thanksgiving Classic.
• Provide monthly updates at Girls Hockey Calgary Board of Directors meetings.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the VP of Elite or GHC Board of Directors.
• Be responsible for the creation of the annual Elite budget, recognizing differences between actual and budget results.
• Previous youth hockey coaching experience (HP1 coach certified preferred).
• Previous experience teaching skills development.
• Previous experience in operating an Elite Level Association.
• Previous playing experience at a Junior A level or higher.
• Have personal connections to vendors that can offer exceptional services for the
betterment of player and coach development.
• Understand Hockey Canada and Hockey Alberta models of Player and Coach,
• Understanding of regulatory associations and leagues, their rules, and suspensions.
• A recent contact list of potential opportunities for players advancement (Post Secondary).
• Professional Management Certification (PMP) will be considered an asset.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical skills will be required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products.
• Efficient use of virtual meanings of communication IE: Zoom, Teams, etc.
Compensation for this position will depend on qualifications and experience. Opportunity to generate supplemental income through participation in a profit share program with Calgary Fire on approved eligible programs. The contract position will be evaluated biennially to determine the appropriateness of an increase based on deliverables, 360 feedback, and performance. This position is as a contractor and is not eligible to receive overtime, holiday entitlement, sickness, pension funds, or any other benefits. The contractor would be responsible for paying all federal, provincial, or municipal taxes.
ABOUT THE CALGARY FIRE
The Calgary Fire AAA/AA Female Hockey stream is Calgary’s elite female franchise, governed by Hockey Calgary and operated by Girls Hockey Calgary Association (GHC). We are the largest AAA/AA female hockey program in Alberta. Our teams compete in the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL), which is home to 48 teams at the U18 AAA, U18 AA, U15 AA and U13 AA levels.
GHC is one of fourteen host associations around the province. We are deeply committed to the growth of AAA/AA female hockey and have supported and celebrated the development of female athletes in our city for more than 30 years.
For more information on GHC, please visit girlshockeycalgary.com
Organization: Girls Hockey Calgary
Contact: Jacqui Piebiak
Email: [email protected]
March 03, 2024