Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame Nomination Form - Individual
The Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame is considered one of the highest honours that can be bestowed upon an individual or team, active or retired, for significant contribution(s) or accomplishment(s) through hockey in Alberta. Up to six (6) Individuals and two (2) Teams will be considered for selection into the AHHF (maximum of seven inductees) each year. Nominees remain eligible for induction for five (5) consecutive years before they are removed from the Nomination list. Selection of inductees will be done annually by an appointed AHHF Selection Committee and ratified by the Hockey Alberta Foundation Board of Directors.
The following will be taken into consideration for each nominee:
- Made a significant impact to hockey as an Alberta resident, and have resided in Alberta for at least five (5) years.
- Achieved exceptional service or contribution to the game of hockey in Alberta or at a national or international level.
- Achieved significant personal, team and/or professional accomplishment in the game.
- Made an impact in the game at the Provincial, National or International level
- Have received significant other recognitions (i.e. inducted into the Canadian Sport Hall of Fame, Hockey Hall of Fame, Alberta Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, won a National or International medal or championship, major individual award).
- Groups or Teams being considered for nomination must have achieved a significant result at a National or International level or have impacted on a provincial level under exceptional circumstances.
There are three (3) categories by which an individual or team can be nominated and considered based on their relevance to the listed nomination criteria:
- ACHIEVEMENT – Exclusive to high profile players and teams.
- BUILDER – Any coaches, administrators, volunteers, media, officials or organizations.
- FOUNDER – Any individual or group that has made a long, unselfish and or unique contribution for the betterment, promotion and/or leadership of the game in Alberta and/or Canada.
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION
Nomination forms must be submitted in full and all supplementary information be included and received at the Hockey Alberta office in order to be considered for induction in the AHHF in that given year. All nomination form information will be held in the strictest of confidence and not shared or transferred with another party other than the Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame Selection Committee and the Hockey Alberta Foundation Board of Directors without written consent of the applicant.
HELPFUL TIPS IN SUBMITTING A NOMINATION
- Assume the Committee does not know the nominee or anything about his/her/their contributions to hockey. In your answers, tell us everything we need to know to evaluate the nominee.
- The Committee will rely on your examples to appreciate the strength of your nominee’s contributions. Try to use specific examples to show why your nominee deserves this award. Speak from the heart.
- Remember that the Committee receives many nominations, but will only be able to recognize a limited number of in the Induction Class. Highlight what makes your nominee stand out above other nominees.
- Describe the nominee and his/her/their contribution succinctly and accurately. Provide the necessary details and examples that show the significance of their contribution and dedication to the sport. Keep your writing clear and simple.
- You may nominate more than one individual or team. Please complete a separate nomination for each nominee.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The deadline to submit completed applications is November 30th. While AHHF Nominations can be made throughout the year, they will be reviewed each December with AHHF Inductions being confirmed in December and public announcement occurring between January – April of each year with the Inductees being formally recognized in July at the annual Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame Gala.
If the nominee is selected to enter the AHHF the following will be required to be submitted on their behalf:
Two (2) portrait or team photos sent electronically via e-mail. Must be a high resolution photo for duplication where possible. (Old photos can be scanned at a high level resolution)
Memorabilia from the team or individuals’ history or involvement in the game. This can include awards, plaques, pictures, equipment, jackets, jerseys, medals, etc. These items will be given to the AHHF on loan for one year to display and will be returned the following season.
If there are questions about the Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame or any problems in submitting a nomination, please contact:
Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame Nomination - Individual
NOMINATION CRITERIA AND APPLICATION - INDIVIDUAL