Suspension Deferral Application
A player who has not served a suspension from the previous season may request through the Suspension Deferral Application to have that suspension deferred for any Exhibition, Pre-Season, Tiering or Tournament game that is sanctioned to take place prior to October 15 of the current hockey season. Players participating in an Evaluation Camp do not require a Suspension Deferral, unless they would like to participate in a pre-season exhibition or tournament game against another program. Team Officials are not eligible for a Suspension Deferral.
Minor Hockey Suspension Deferral Requests are to be submitted to the appropriate Minor Discipline Coordinator. Junior or Senior Suspension Deferral Requests are to be submitted to the appropriate Division of Hockey Chair.
Note: If approved, deferred games will not count as games served for the incurred suspension and must be served immediately after the end of the Suspension Deferral.
If you would prefer to submit a PDF version, you can download the form here.
NOTES PERTAINING TO THIS FORM:
- Required Fields: All fields noted with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Upload: When uploading files, preferred file format is PDF. Only single files can be uploaded. If more than one document is required, it may be necessary to merge into one file.
- Forward Submission: To forward a copy of the form to recipients not included on the form (i.e. Host MHA/Club Team), enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
- Submit: When you click SUBMIT, the form will be sent directly to Hockey Alberta and any recipients entered in the form will receive notice of the form submission by email.
- Save for Later: Once the form has been started, the form can be saved and completed at a later time by clicking SAVE FOR LATER. If using this option, you must save the provided URL and Access Passcode to access the secure webpage and complete the form submission.