[Manager, Hockey Development] Manager, Hockey Development
Hockey Alberta is inviting applications for the position of Manager, Hockey Development.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Hockey Development, the Manager, Hockey Development is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Regional Centre Strategy. In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Hockey Development the strategy is developed and continually evaluated to ensure it aligns with the overall direction of the organization. In addition, this position operates the Central Regional Centre. This position works closely with the Manager, Coach Development in implementing the NCCP and Alberta Coach Development Plan through the Regional Centres.
Hockey Alberta is an opportunity for you to work in a volunteer-based organization, with passionate people from across the province. If you share a similar passion about working in a dynamic sporting environment, we encourage you to apply.
The Manager, Hockey Development is involved in planning and implementing various initiatives related to developing coaches, players and supporting the development of minor hockey associations in central Alberta with the following specific areas of focus:
Lead Regional Centre Strategy
- Monitor and review overall strategy
- Monitor and manage budget and forecasting processes
- Lead meeting schedule and training initiatives
Operate Regional Centre, Central
- Lead association service and support
- Lead coach certification process management
- Support to provincial and national programs as required
Lead Provincial Player Programming Model
- Annual review of all player programs
- Resource and content creation
- Explore partnerships and agreements
Overall Leadership Management
- Sit on and contribute to any assigned Operational Committees
- Provide support to organizational strategic items as assigned
- Support to Senior Manager, Hockey Development
- Diploma or Degree in Kinesiology, Sport Administration or Recreation, or an equivalent combination of training, experience and/or education.
- Self-starter, possessing strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to handle numerous tasks with tight deadlines effectively.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work with and lead staff and volunteers.
- Hockey experience through coaching and playing is essential.
- Ability to deliver on ice instruction to coaches and players is essential.
- Previous experience coordinating programs.
Salary and benefits are based on the Hockey Alberta Compensation Policy and Principles relative to the successful applicant’s education and experience. This position requires travel, evening and weekend work.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, July 15, 2019. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to the following:
Attention: Justin Fesyk, Senior Manager, Hockey Development
About Hockey Alberta
Hockey Alberta the governing body for organized hockey in the province of Alberta and a proud member of Hockey Canada. Hockey Alberta is a dynamic non-profit provincial sport organization, with a mission to create positive opportunities and experiences FOR ALL PLAYERS. Hockey Alberta has more than 400 member local minor hockey associations and club teams that serve more than 95,000 participants between the levels of Initiation and Senior hockey. Hockey Alberta’s workforce includes a volunteer core of approximately 100 and a full time administration staff of 28. Our head office is located in Red Deer with regional offices in Grande Prairie, Lloydminster, Lethbridge, Edmonton and Calgary.
Organization: Hockey Alberta
Contact: Justin Fesyk
July 15, 2019