When evaluating applications for Therapist positions, Hockey Alberta staff will consider the following items in determining successful applicants. All applications will be considered, but preference will be given to CATA Certified Therapists, Certificate or Diploma holders in Sport Physiotherapy, or Certification Candidates in CATA or Sport Physiotherapy.
a) Professional Development:
- Qualifications and certification attained. For example, CPR/First Aid, Hockey Canada Safety Program, Sport First Responder, CATA Certification, Certificate or Diploma in Sport Physiotherapy, Certification Candidate in CATA or Sport Physiotherapy, SMCA Athletic First Aid, SMCA Sports Taping.
- Attendance and participation at related seminars
- Memberships and affiliations
- Years of experience in selected field
- Scope of experience (teams, responsibilities, events, tournament play)
- Years of experience with this level of athlete
- Previous zone or provincial experience
c) Hockey Trainer Experience
- Prevention, recognition, assessment and care of athletic injuries of a hockey nature, including return to play decisions
- Handle/repair equipment, sharpen skates and respond to needs of athletes in a competitive hockey environment.
- Athletic taping and strapping.
- Physical fitness training and testing
- Implementing a practical team nutrition program.
- Needs of elite athletes
- Willing to spend required hours ensuring equipment and team needs are met as assigned by head Coach and Director of Operations.
d) Human Resources
- Proven ability to take initiative and efficiently use time
- Proven ability to work with other staff
- Proven ability to successfully relate to and work with players at this age level
- Proven ability to successfully cope with deterrents and hardships in a pressure situation
- Proven ability to be thoroughly organized
e) Knowledge of Program
- Proven ability to work towards objectives of a program
- Proven appreciation for and awareness of the unique problems that can conceivably occur in the operation of a zone team
For more information, contact Stacey Pattison, Coordinator of Development Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org.