Team Alberta U18 Female Therapist Application
Team Alberta is now accepting applications for the position of Therapist for the 2019 U18 Female team that will compete in the 2019 2019 National Women’s Under-18 Championship in Winkler and Morden, MB.
The Team Alberta U18 program is the final stage of identification and evaluation towards Team Alberta and one of the stages of identification for Canada’s national programs. Through on and off-ice evaluation, the high performance U18 program works towards the final goal of taking Team Alberta to the National Women’s U18 Hockey Championship or the Canada Winter Games.
- All applications must be received into the Hockey Alberta Office on or before May 17, 2019.
- Therapists will be selected & notified by the Hockey Alberta Therapist Selection Committee by May 24, 2019.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The following will be some of the criteria considered in selecting a therapist for Team Alberta:
a) Professional Development
- Qualifications and certification attained - (CPR/First Aid, Hockey Canada Safety Program, Sport First Responder, CATA Certification, Certificate or Diploma in Sport Physiotherapy, Certification Candidate in CATA or Sport Physiotherapy, SMCA Athletic First Aid, SMCA Sports Taping)
- Attendance and participation at related seminars
- Memberships and affiliations
- Years of experience in your selected field
- Scope of experience (teams, responsibilities, events, tournament play)
- Years of experience with this level of athlete
- Previous zone or provincial experience (preference given to experience in Team Alberta programs)
c) Hockey Support Staff Experience
- Experience in prevention, recognition, assessment and care of athletic injuries of a hockey nature, including return to play decisions
- Must be able to handle/repair equipment, sharpen skates and respond to needs of athletes in a competitive hockey environment.
- Must have experience in athletic taping and strapping.
- Experience in physical fitness training and testing.
- Implementing a practical team nutrition program.
- Must be experienced with the needs of elite athletes and be willing to spend long hours ensuring equipment and team needs are being met as assigned by Head Coach and Director of Operations.
d) Human Resources
- Proven ability to take initiative and efficiently use time
- Proven ability to work with other staff
- Proven ability to successfully relate to and work with players at this age level
- Proven ability to successfully cope with deterrents and hardships in a pressure situation
- Proven ability to be thoroughly organized
e) Knowledge of Program
- Proven ability to work towards objectives of a program
- Proven appreciation for and awareness of the unique problems that can conceivably occur in the operation of a zone team
** Preference will be given to CATA Certified Therapists; Certificate or Diploma holders in Sport Physiotherapy or Certification Candidates in CATA or Sport Physiotherapy*
Program Timelines and Expected Commitment
All applicants are expected to commit to the following activities:
Team Alberta Summer Camp
July 8-14 (Red Deer)
September (Date and location to be confirmed)
October (Date and location to be confirmed)
November 3-9 (Winkler/Morden, MB)
Please also note that this is not a paid position, and the therapist will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check. Your expenses, including mileage, meals and accommodation costs will be accommodated through the program as budgeted funds allow. Bearing all of the above in mind, we ask that those interested in submitting an application to be a therapist please fill out the form below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dave Campbell at email@example.com.
2019 Team Alberta U18 Female Therapist Application
To apply for the therapist position for Team Alberta U18 Female, please complete the form below.