Hockey Alberta operates six Regional Centre offices, located around the province, staffed by full-time consultants who have extensive hockey experience. Regional Centre consultants work directly with the Coach Director of each Local Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) to enhance coach development and support through a number of coach and player development initiatives.
If your LMHA is looking for leadership, expertise, support or assistance in any of the following areas, contact the consultant in your Regional Centre office:
- Coach Development Plan
- Create a coaching plan that will help your association develop and support coaches at all levels.
- NCCP Coach Certification
- Request an NCCP Coach clinic for your association.
- Book and post NCCP Coach clinics on the Hockey Alberta website.
- Regional Coach Development Plan
- Specialty/Instructional Stream Clinics: Book or request a clinic for your association, or find out who is already hosting a clinic that your coaches could attend.
- Mentorship: Promote and provide support to associations to develop a Mentorship Program.
- Coach Education Clinics: Request a specific Coach Symposium or Game Day Clinics for your association.
- Long Term Player Development (LTPD)
- Promote the LTPD framework/guidelines to your association, coaches and parents, and support your association with implementation.
- All Cities
- Cold Lake
- Elk Point
- Fort McMurray
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Grande Prairie
- High Level
- High Prairie
- High River
- Lac la Biche
- Medicine Hat
- Paradise Valley
- Peace River
- Pincher Creek
- Red Deer
- Sherwood Park
- Slave Lake
- Spruce Grove
- St. Albert
- Sylvan Lake
Confined Space Play SeminarFebruary 05, 2018 / Olds Sportsplex
Hockey Alberta has developed some Professional Development seminars for coaches to act as a supplementary coach education program designed to provide coaches with practical resources to support them throughout the year.
Future CoachesFebruary 20-21, 2018 / Servus Arena (formerly Red Deer Arena)
A program to develop and train midget level male & female hockey players in the areas of coaching, skill instruction & leadership.