Application for Cross Stream Affiliation
- Do NOT upload any cross stream affiliate players in to HCR until you have official approval from the Hockey Alberta Regulation Coordinator.
- Applications for cross stream affiliations must be submitted no later than January 15.
NOTES PERTAINING TO THIS FORM:
- Required Fields: All fields noted with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Upload: When uploading files, preferred file format is PDF. Only single files can be uploaded. If more than one document is required, it may be necessary to merge into one file.
Forward Submission: To forward a copy of the form to yourself or another recipient not included on the form, enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
To forward a copy of the form to recipients not included on the form, enter the email address(es) in the Forward Submission section. Separate each email address by a comma (no spaces required between addresses).
Select Region: In the Select Region field, select the Region in which your MHA resides. This will ensure the appropriate Hockey Alberta Region Team member receives a copy of the form submission.
Save for Later: Once the form has been started, the form can be saved and completed at a later time by clicking SAVE FOR LATER. If using this option, you must save the provided URL and Access Passcode to access the secure webpage and complete the form submission.
- Submit: When you click SUBMIT, the form will be sent directly to Hockey Alberta and any recipients entered in the form will receive notice of the form submission by email.
Affiliation (Hockey Canada Bylaws & Regulations)
PURPOSE: To provide an opportunity for higher Division or Category Teams to dress the maximum number of Players allowable for a game in accordance with the Playing Rules.
- a) A Player of a Team of a lower Division or Category of the same Club, or of an Affiliated Team, or a specialty Affiliated Player, may Affiliate to a Team or Teams of higher Divisions and categories at any time, to a maximum of ten (10) games. However, if the Player’s registered Team completes its regular Season and playoffs before the Player’s Affiliated Team or Teams, the Player may thereafter Affiliate an unlimited number of times.
- b) Exhibition and/or Tournament games, which are not part of regular League games or play-off games, are excluded from the number of games referred to in Regulation E.35(a).
36 b) Appearance of a registered Player’s name on the official game report of a game shall be considered participation in the game except in the case of an alternate Goalkeepers, in which case actual participation only shall be considered as taking part in the game, and such participation shall be noted on the official game report.
- Affiliated Players used by a high Division/Category Team in a game, shall be designated on the official game report by the use of the symbol “AP” after their name on the Players line-up or roster.
- Affiliated Players remain Registered Participants of their lower Division/Category Team.
- A team of a higher Division or Category may not use an Affiliated Player prior to receiving consent of the Team with which the Affiliated Player is registered.
Cross Stream Affiliation
Female players playing on Minor Male hockey teams may be permitted to affiliate to Female Teams, upon consideration of application to the Minor Female Regulation Coordinator, in consultation with the Minor Administration Coordinator and the Minor Female Regulation Committee.
An online form will be utilized to manage the submissions of applications for cross stream affiliations for females playing on mainstream teams who want to affiliate to female teams. The form is to be completed by the Minor Hockey Association supporting the affiliation.
- MHA completes the online form and submits.
- Completed application is received by the Hockey Alberta Office.
- The appropriate Minor Female Region Regulation Coordinator reviews the application and brings to the attention of the Minor Female Regulations Committee as well as the appropriate Region Minor Administration Coordinator.
- After the review of the application by the Minor Female Committee and the Region Minor Administration Coordinator, the Minor Female Committee will issue a Decision Letter indicating approval/denial on the request to the MHA, copying the appropriate Minor Administration Coordinator.
- If the request is approved:
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation within an MHA, the MHA will upload a copy of the Decision Letter to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation between separate MHA’s, the accepting MHA will initiate the transfer and upload a copy of the Decision Letter to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.