Application for Cross Stream Affiliation
Please note that the application for cross stream affiliations must be submitted no later than December 15th.
Affiliation (Hockey Canada Bylaws & Regulations)
PURPOSE: To provide an opportunity for higher Division or Category Teams to dress the maximum number of Players allowable for a game in accordance with the Playing Rules.
- a) A Player of a Team of a lower Division or Category of the same Club, or of an Affiliated Team, or a specialty Affiliated Player, may Affiliate to a Team or Teams of higher Divisions and categories at any time, to a maximum of ten (10) games. However, if the Player’s registered Team completes its regular Season and playoffs before the Player’s Affiliated Team or Teams, the Player may thereafter Affiliate an unlimited number of times.
- b) Exhibition and/or Tournament games, which are not part of regular League games or play-off games, are excluded from the number of games referred to in Regulation E.35(a).
36 b) Appearance of a registered Player’s name on the official game report of a game shall be considered participation in the game except in the case of an alternate Goalkeepers, in which case actual participation only shall be considered as taking part in the game, and such participation shall be noted on the official game report.
- Affiliated Players used by a high Division/Category Team in a game, shall be designated on the official game report by the use of the symbol “AP” after their name on the Players line-up or roster.
- Affiliated Players remain Registered Participants of their lower Division/Category Team.
- A team of a higher Division or Category may not use an Affiliated Player prior to receiving consent of the Team with which the Affiliated Player is registered.
Cross Stream Affiliation
Female players playing on Minor Male hockey teams may be permitted to affiliate to Female Teams, upon consideration of application to the Minor Female Regulation Coordinator, in consultation with the Minor Administration Coordinator and the Minor Female Regulation Committee.
An online form will be utilized to manage the submissions of applications for cross stream affiliations for females playing on mainstream teams who want to affiliate to female teams. The form is to be completed by the Minor Hockey Association supporting the affiliation.
- MHA completes the online form and submits.
- Completed application is received by the Hockey Alberta Office.
- The appropriate Minor Female Zone Regulation Coordinator reviews the application and brings to the attention of the Minor Female Regulations Committee as well as the appropriate Zone Minor Administration Coordinator.
- After the review of the application by the Minor Female Regulations Committee and the Zone Minor Administration Coordinator, the Minor Female Regulations Committee will issue a Decision Letter indicating approval/denial on the request to the MHA, copying the appropriate Minor Administration Coordinator.
- If the request is approved:
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation within an MHA, the MHA will upload a copy of the Decision Letter to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.
- Regarding a cross-stream affiliation between separate MHA’s, the accepting MHA will initiate the transfer and upload a copy of the Decision Letter to the participant profile for the Minor Administration Coordinator to review.