Instructional Stream - Checking Skills
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THIS CLINIC IF YOU:
- Have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
The in-person Checking Skills clinic will combine both classroom (2.0 hrs) and on-ice (1.5 hrs). Coaches will learn: Checking skill acquisition, four phases of checking – positioning and angling, stick checks, contact confidence, body checking, checking safety, checking skills drills, roles and responsibilities. The clinic emphasizes basic checking skills and the importance of having players develop confidence, respect and an awareness of the checking process.
For the clinic, ensure you bring the following:
- Mask/ Face Covering
- For the on-ice portion (skates, stick, gloves, CSA-approved helmet)
- For the in-class portion: notepad, pen/pencil, and/or IPad/ laptop The cost for this clinic is $116.00 + GST and payment will only be accepted online.
*Refunds will only be given up to 72 hours in advance less a $30 administration fee.* For full Coach Certification Requirements please go to the Hockey Alberta website: https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/coaches/clinic-information/