Coach 1 - INTRO TO COACH
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THIS CLINIC IF YOU:
- Have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
This course is not necessarily targeted to the inexperienced coach, it shows you how to teach hockey’s basic skills while keeping the theme of their practices with an emphasis on fun and fundamentals. Coach 1 reviews the basic tools they will need in the areas of leadership, communication, teaching skills, and lesson planning. All this is taught with the special considerations of the youngest athletes in mind
For the clinic, ensure you bring the following:
- Mask/ Face Covering
- For the on-ice portion (skates, stick, gloves, CSA-approved helmet)
- For the in-class portion: notepad, pen/pencil, and/or IPad/ laptop
The cost for this clinic is $136.00 + GST and payment will only be accepted online.
*Refunds will only be given up to 72 hours in advance less a $30 administration fee.
For full Coach Certification Requirements please go to the Hockey Alberta website: https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/coaches/clinic-information/