2019 Alberta Cup Regional Camps
RED DEER - Registration is now open for 2004-born male athletes to participate in one of three Regional selection camps for the 2019 Alberta Cup.
The Alberta Cup is being held in Red Deer, at the new Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre, April 24-28. The 2019 event has a new structure, with six teams competing in a tournament format.
- Registration is limited at each position at each camp.
- Only Hockey Canada/Hockey Alberta Registered Athletes are eligible to register.
The 2019 Alberta Cup has a new regional format of three ‘tryout’ / selection camps with each camp leading to the selection of two teams. The six teams of players will then move on to compete at the Alberta Cup tournament. This updated model establishes a better environment for providing ‘best-on-best’ competition for 14-year old players. More Information >
All regional camps will take place March 29-31 at the following locations (dates and locations subject to change):
Calgary Regional Camp - East Calgary Twin Arenas *GOALIE REGISTRATION FULL* - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be waitlisted
Blackfalds Regional Camp - Blackfalds Multiplex *GOALIE REGISTRATION FULL* - Contact email@example.com to be waitlisted
Spruce Grove Regional Camp - Spruce Grove Agrena *GOALIE REGISTRATION FULL* - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be waitlisted
If you are unsure in which Region you reside, or have any other questions, please contact Dustin Moore at email@example.com prior to registration.
2019 Alberta Cup staff announced
Hockey Alberta is pleased to announce the staff for each team competing in the 2019 Alberta Cup. A director of operations, coach mentor, head coach, two assistant coaches, and one trainer were selected for each of the six teams.
All Athletes will respect, uphold and embrace:
- The guiding principle of "Professionalism" in that they treat all team staff members, officials, opponents, peers, administrators and all others in which they come in contact, with respect and dignity while involved in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The principles of fair play, safety and respect towards other athletes and recognize that fighting, verbal abuse, and checking from behind will NOT be tolerated, and may jeopardize further participation in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The spirit of competition in which athletes are expected to compete hard and fair and NEVER compromise the safety of another individual
- That winning is secondary, and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing your best are the primary goals
- That team staff members and officials are there to help you and will accept their decisions and show them respect
- The rules, bylaws and regulations of Hockey Alberta, and suspensions incurred in any Hockey Alberta Development Program will carry into the club system, as per Hockey Alberta Minimum Suspension Guidelines
- Specific rules and codes of conducts agreed upon by specific teams while involved in Hockey Alberta’s Development Programs
- Responsibility for all their own personal items.