Alberta males born in 2005 have the unique opportunity to participate in the third annual Hockey Alberta Peewee Skills Camp, hosted by the Team Alberta program.
The camp takes place in Calgary at the Don Hartman Sportsplex on June 22-24. This Skills Camp will focus on skill development, checking skills, proper training techniques, and will provide athletes with information about the Team Alberta process.
The camp will consist of three sessions:
- Checking Development
- Position Specific training
- Goal Scoring and Hockey Sense
The camp also includes a Team Alberta/Alberta Built presentation, a Long-Term Player Development Session, and will wrap up with a full three-period game.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, please contact Dustin Moore, Coordinator, Team Alberta
All Athletes will respect, uphold and embrace:
- The guiding principle of "Professionalism" in that they treat all team staff members, officials, opponents, peers, administrators and all others in which they come in contact, with respect and dignity while involved in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The principles of fair play, safety and respect towards other athletes and recognize that fighting, verbal abuse, and checking from behind will NOT be tolerated, and may jeopardize further participation in Hockey Alberta development programs
- The spirit of competition in which athletes are expected to compete hard and fair and NEVER compromise the safety of another individual
- That winning is secondary, and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing your best are the primary goals
- That team staff members and officials are there to help you and will accept their decisions and show them respect
- The rules, bylaws and regulations of Hockey Alberta, and suspensions incurred in any Hockey Alberta Development Program will carry into the club system, as per Hockey Alberta Minimum Suspension Guidelines
- Specific rules and codes of conducts agreed upon by specific teams while involved in Hockey Alberta’s Development Programs
- Responsibility for all their own personal items.