Return to Hockey
Ready for Hockey!
Hockey Alberta’s 2021-22 Season Plan - September 9
From the onset of the pandemic in March 2020, Hockey Alberta has established COVID-related plans for our sport based on the guidance and requirements of the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. As those mandates have changed, Hockey Alberta Member organizations across the province have worked diligently to adapt and allow participants the opportunity to play our sport.
Within that framework, Hockey Alberta has developed a 2021-2022 Season Plan that outlines the minimum standards for Hockey Alberta’s Members to undertake hockey activities this season.
Appendix A: FAQ – COVID-19 Vaccinations – from Sport Law
Government of Alberta Announcement - September 3
The Government of Alberta implemented a new masking mandate for the Province of Alberta. Effective 8 am Saturday, September 4, masks are required to be worn in all public spaces and workplaces in the province. For Hockey Alberta sanctioned activities, this mandate means:
- Face masks are not required by any player on the ice or on the players’ bench.
- Face masks are not required by coaches or on-ice officials on the ice surface during sport/ physical activity.
- Face masks are required by coaches and team staff while on the bench, and by all penalty/ timekeeping staff.
- Face masks are required by everyone while in a dressing room.
Hockey Alberta and its member minor hockey associations are READY
Hockey Alberta and its member minor hockey associations are READY and encouraging you to get registered for the 2021-22 hockey season.
Not sure where to go or who to contact to register? Here’s what to do:
- Check the Hockey Alberta Region Map.
- Determine the region in which you live, and contact the Regional Minor Administration Coordinator. If you are not sure of your regional service area, contact the Hockey Alberta office.
- Contact your MHA for all the information you need to register. Many MHAs have their own websites which provide valuable information to their members.
- If you are in need of financial assistance, accessing equipment or support for programming, information on these resources can be found through our Hockey Alberta Foundation page.
For any questions regarding COVID-19 or Hockey Alberta’s 2021-2022 Season Plan:
Email: [email protected]