Return to Hockey
Ready for Hockey!
UPDATED JULY 19, 2021.
Hockey Alberta and its member minor hockey associations are READY
Hockey Alberta and its member minor hockey associations are READY and encouraging you to get registered for the 2021-22 hockey season.
Not sure where to go or who to contact to register? Here’s what to do:
- Check the Hockey Alberta Region Map.
- Determine the region in which you live, and contact the Regional Minor Administration Coordinator. If you are not sure of your regional service area, contact the Hockey Alberta office.
- Contact your MHA for all the information you need to register. Many MHAs have their own websites which provide valuable information to their members.
- If you are in need of financial assistance, accessing equipment or support for programming, information on these resources can be found through our Hockey Alberta Foundation page.
Open for Summer - Stage 3
Alberta entered Stage 3 of the Open for Summer Plan on July 1. Nearly all public health measures have been lifted, including:
- social gatherings – you’re now free to gather indoors and outdoors
- recreation, performance and entertainment activities can resume
- business closures and capacity restrictions are gone
- large events, including concerts, sporting events, exhibitions and festivals can return
Masking in public
Mask use in public indoor setting is no longer required except for in the following situations:
- working in or visiting some health care settings, such as long-term care
- using public transit, including ride share vehicles, taxis, motor coaches and shuttles
- municipalities and businesses can set masking requirements as they see fit (requiring staff and/or customers to wear masks inside their place of business)
Isolation and quarantine requirements
To prevent future spread, Albertans are still required to:
- isolate for 10 days if they are a confirmed case
- quarantine if they are a close contact of a confirmed case, but length of time depends on vaccination status
- follow protective measures in continue care settings
For full details, check the Government of Alberta website:
MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
Today is June 30, 2021.
Exactly one year ago Hockey Alberta released the initial version of our Return to Hockey Plan.
In the ensuing 12 months, the Return to Hockey Plan has been updated several times, and renamed Hockey’s Path Forward, and now Ready For Hockey!
Each change in requirements and guidelines by the Government of Alberta led to changes in the Return to Hockey plan. And that resulted in the ongoing need by our Member organizations and Leagues to create new plans, procedures and programming.
Thank you for your hard work over the past year despite being faced with constantly changing circumstances in our province and our sport. Everyone did a remarkable job in working on behalf of players, parents, coaches, trainers, board members, officials and volunteers across Alberta.
Tomorrow, Stage 3 of the Government of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan opens.
With Stage 3 expected to contain few (if any) restrictions, Hockey Alberta is planning that 2021-22 will be a full hockey season.
This is exciting for everyone involved in our sport!
Many of our Minor Hockey Associations are already well into registration and planning for the 2021-22 season.
And Hockey Alberta is READY, as we continue to work with the Government and our member organizations to focus on health and safety, and ensuring our participants have the best hockey experience possible.
As new information becomes available, we will make sure our Members and the hockey community are informed.
If you have questions throughout the summer as your organization is preparing for the upcoming season, please reach out to your contacts in Member Development at Hockey Alberta, please Email Hockey Alberta and we will connect with you.
Yours in hockey,
Rob Litwinski, CEO