Key responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- responsible to provide athletic training, medical coverage and taping requirements to players during pre-season and regular season, playoff games and camps.
- organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact information, and allergies.
- responsible for evaluation and assessment of player injuries and to provide a report on such to appropriate staff as required or requested.
- responsible for concussion monitoring.
- maintaining a fully stocked medical kit, clean organized and ready at all times.
- coordinating with Management on purchases of equipment and other supplies needed to operate the medical department.
- Works with Management to maintain an Emergency Action Plan for major injuries or events relating to the team.
- supporting our Equipment Manager, on request as needed.
- First Aid and/or Certified Athletic Therapist and/or Medical Training ie. kinesiology, sports medicine, medical student, paramedic, EMT etc. Students welcomed and encouraged to apply.
- Hockey Canada Safety Program (HCSP) course is an asset but can be provided.
- Respect In Sport is an assert but can be provided
- Experience working with sports team and its athletes would be considered an asset
- Flexible to accommodate late evening and weekend practices and games, would be expected to attend the majority of all home and away games.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a voluntary position. Only potential applicants will be contacted.
Organization: Rocky Rams Junior Hockey Program
June 30, 2019