Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame
The Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame (AHHF) recognizes those individuals who have made a significant contribution to the game of hockey in Alberta through regional, national, or international accomplishments. They are also recognized for their contributions to the growth and development of the game in Alberta.
Since 2015, inductees have been recognized at a special gala event held in Canmore. Prior to that, the induction evening occurred as part of the Hockey Alberta Awards Evening.
Each year the AHHF welcomes nominations from the public until January 30. Nominations can be for an individual or team, active or retired. At minimum, a nominee must have:
- Must have made a significant impact to hockey during their time as an Alberta resident, having resided in Alberta for at least five years
- Exceptional service or contribution to the game of hockey in Alberta or at a National or International level
- Must have achieved significant personal, team and or professional accomplishment in the game
- Must have made an impact in the game beyond a local or regional level
- Individuals or teams may be active or retired
- Have received significant other recognition (i.e. inducted into the Canadian Sport Hall of Fame, Hockey Hall of Fame, Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, won a National or International medal or championship, major individual award)
- Groups or teams being considered for nomination must have achieved a significant result at a National or International level or have impacted on a provincial level under exceptional circumstances.
The Alberta Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2017 has been announced. Click here to view the inductee bios.