Coach 1 - Intro to Coach
Coaches receive the tools to teach hockey’s basic skills while keeping the theme of practices on fun and fundamentals. Clinics topics include leadership, communication, teaching skills, and lesson planning. All of this is taught with special considerations of the youngest athletes in mind.
STEP 1: HU-ONLINE Coach 1/Coach 2 ($29 + GST)
- 12 module online course that takes approximately 4 hours, and covers the coaching foundation building blocks
- Once registration is complete, coaches can enrol in the appropriate in-person clinic relevant to their coaching requirements (Coach 1 or Coach 2). When attending the in-person, it is assumed coaches have knowledge from this online course
STEP 2: In-Person Coach 1 - Intro to Coach ($136 + GST)
- 4 hours classroom followed by 1.5 hours on ice
- Hosted from end of August until November 15 (requirement deadline for coaches)
- Coaches learn skill development, skill progressions, practice delivery and resource utilization in this practical learning and sharing environment.