Coach 1 - Intro to Coach
Coaches will be given the tools to teach hockey’s basic skills while keeping the theme of practices on fun & fundamentals. Clinics topics include leadership, communication, teaching skills, and lesson planning. All of this is taught with special considerations of the youngest athletes in mind.
STEP 1: *HU-ONLINE Coach 1/Coach 2 ($29 + GST)
- 12 module online course that takes approximately 4 hours, and covers the coaching foundation building blocks
- Once registration is complete, coaches can enroll in the appropriate in-person clinic relevant to their coaching requirements (Coach 1 or Coach 2). When attending the in-person, it is assumed coaches that they knowledge from this online course
STEP 2: In-Person Coach 1 – Intro to Coach ($136 + GST)
- 4 hours classroom followed by 1.5 hours on ice
- Hosted from end of August until November 15th (requirement deadline for coaches)
- Coaches will learn skill development, skill progressions, practice delivery and resource utilization in this practical learning and sharing environment.