This course will cover the basic tools to teach Checking skill acquisition, 4 phases of checking (positioning & angling, stick checks, contact confidence, body checking), checking safety, checking skills drills, roles & responsibilities. An emphasis is placed on the basic checking skills, and the importance of having players develop confidence, respect and an awareness of the checking process.
STEP 1: *HU- ONLINE Checking ($22 + GST)
- 6 module online course that takes approximately 1.5 hours
- Once registration is complete, coaches can enroll in the in-person clinic. When attending the in-person, it is assumed coaches that they knowledge from this online course
STEP 2: In-Person *COACH-INSTRUCTIONAL STREAM Checking Skills ($116 + GST)
- 2 hours classroom followed by 1.5 hours on ice
- Registration link found under Instructional Stream category
- Hosted from end of August until November 15th (requirement deadline for coaches)
MORE CLINICS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION ONCE FACILITIES ARE SECURED.
If there are none in your region, please continue checking back or contact your local Regional Centre