This course will cover the basic tools to teach Checking skill acquisition, 4 phases of checking (positioning & angling, stick checks, contact confidence, body checking), checking safety, checking skills drills, roles & responsibilities. An emphasis is placed on the basic checking skills, and the importance of having players develop confidence, respect and an awareness of the checking process.
STEP 1: *HU- ONLINE Checking ($22 + GST)
- 6 module online course that takes approximately 1.5 hours
- Once registration is complete, coaches can enroll in the in-person clinic. When attending the in-person, it is assumed coaches that they knowledge from this online course
STEP 2: In-Person *COACH-INSTRUCTIONAL STREAM Checking Skills ($116 + GST)
- 2 hours classroom followed by 1.5 hours on ice
- Registration link found under Instructional Stream category
- Hosted from end of August until November 15th (requirement deadline for coaches)