Hockey Alberta Officials Committee Scholarship
VALUE: Annually – Maximum of four (4) awards of up to $1,500 each to a total of $4,500. Scholarships will be presented to officials in the province that have applied for and met the following criteria:
APPLICATION CRITERIA: To qualify for consideration, an applicant must be:
- A member in good standing with Hockey Alberta in the current season and holds a minimum of Level 2.
- A resident of Alberta for at least 2 years.
- 18 years of age by December 15 of the current season they are applying for scholarship.
- An active official, working games at any level.
- Attending a post-secondary institution in a recognized program on a full time basis. This will also include a recognized trade school program. Transcript of class enrolment is required.
Other criteria will include, but is not limited to, the applicant’s on-ice ability and off-ice contribution to his/her Region.
DEADLINE: Application deadline is April 1. Applicant could be applying for the year just being completed in order to qualify.
1. Individuals are to complete the form below, including attaching the required transcript and personal statement documents. Clicking send will submit the form directly to Hockey Alberta’s Manager of Officiating, who will compile the nominations, and provide them to the Selection Committee.
2. The Selection Committee retains the right to award the value up to $1,500 or less and may award fewer scholarships if suitable candidates have not applied.
3. Each applicant should select one of the Current or Intended Post Secondary Institute section, as is appropriate for the individual.