Female ADM Player Acceleration Application Package
THIS APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO HOCKEY ALBERTA BY JULY 1
One objective of the Female Hockey ADM is to develop players within their specific age group, and not to displace the players from their age Division by facilitating the movement of underage players. Underage players will only be considered if they are deemed to be an "Exceptional Player."
Only second year bantam aged players will be considered for acceleration to Midget AAA; there will be no acceleration permitted for Peewee to Bantam, or Bantam to Midget Elite under the Female ADM.
In order to be considered for “Exceptional Player” status, applications must be submitted to the Female Hockey ADM Committee on or before July 1.
- Applicants must fill out, in its entirety, the Female ADM Player Acceleration Application Package and provide all the necessary documentation requested;
- Applications will be evaluated by the ADM Committee, in consultation with Team Alberta program staff;
- No underage players will be granted a second tryout at the accelerated division.
- Decisions will be communicated to the player and applicable Host MHA(s) in writing by August 1.
Applications must include:
- Personal Information;
- Playing History (including statistics from the past three seasons);
- Personal Resume; it should include academic standing, athletic achievements, leadership activities, community service, other extra-curricular activities (sports, clubs, etc), academic awards and work experience (if any);
- Personal Response (outlined on the following page);
- Current Coach recommendation (utilizing the attached form);
- Current Teacher (or School Administrator) recommendation (utilizing the attached form).
How Selections will be made:
- Applicants considered only selected to attend the U16 or U18 Team Alberta Summer Camps;
- Applicants evaluated by the Female ADM Committee and Team Alberta;
- Applications reviewed on their individual merit; taking into account the physical, emotional and social maturity of the athlete;
- Feedback from the player’s Resident MHA or the MHA last registered;
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by August 1.