Hockey Alberta operates six Regional Centre offices, located around the province, staffed by full-time consultants who have extensive hockey experience. Regional Centre consultants work directly with the Coach Director of each Local Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) to enhance coach development and support through a number of coach and player development initiatives.
If your LMHA is looking for leadership, expertise, support or assistance in any of the following areas, contact the consultant in your Regional Centre office:
- Coach Development Plan
- Create a coaching plan that will help your association develop and support coaches at all levels.
- NCCP Coach Certification
- Request an NCCP Coach clinic for your association.
- Book and post NCCP Coach clinics on the Hockey Alberta website.
- Regional Coach Development Plan
- Specialty/Instructional Stream Clinics: Book or request a clinic for your association, or find out who is already hosting a clinic that your coaches could attend.
- Mentorship: Promote and provide support to associations to develop a Mentorship Program.
- Coach Education Clinics: Request a specific Coach Symposium or Game Day Clinics for your association.
- Long Term Player Development (LTPD)
- Promote the LTPD framework/guidelines to your association, coaches and parents, and support your association with implementation.
We Are Coaches: Female Coaching Clinic - EdmontonOctober 01, 2016 / University of Alberta - Edmonton
Hockey Alberta is offering three Coach 2 Courses across the province FREE OF CHARGE for female coaches.
Lethbridge Weekly Goalie SkillsOctober 17 - March 13, 2017 / Nicholas Sheran Arena - Lethbridge
This 10 week program run by Hockey Alberta will give goalies the opportunity to receive specialized goalie instruction throughout the season. The program is designed to set a base of strong movement and visual skills that will be re-enforced and built upon each session.
Elite Goalie SkillsOctober 24 - February 27, 2017 / Nicholas Sheran Arena - Lethbridge
This 8 week program run by Hockey Alberta will give goalies the opportunity to receive specialized goalie instruction throughout the season. The program is designed to set a base of strong movement and visual skills that will be re-enforced and built upon each session.