Ernie Boruk Award
The Ernie Boruk Award is presented annually to an individual in appreciation of outstanding dedication and contribution to the
Hockey Alberta Referee Council. (Maxium one recipient per year.)
- Nominees can be either an active or no longer active on-ice official
- Nominees have made an outstanding contribution to hockey officiating in Alberta at the provincial level
- Nominees are or were members in good standing
- Nominees have been or were involved for a minimum of fifteen years with at least five years of administration (ie: zone executive member or local RIC)
- Past Branch RIC (chair of awards committee)
- Branch RIC
- Dave Ganley
- Must be received no later than April 1, (of appropriate year)
- Must have accompanying documentation outlining the nominee’s contribution
- Must be submitted to the chairman of the awards committee with copies to the branch RIC
Nominations will be brought forward for (2) years in addition to the original nomination year.
Craig Decoursey (Cochrane)
Craig Decoursey (left) receives the 2016 Ernie Boruk award.