About Hockey Alberta
Hockey Alberta’s Vision: Hockey for life.
Hockey Alberta’s Mission: To create positive opportunities and experiences FOR ALL PLAYERS through innovative leadership and exceptional service.
Hockey Alberta’s Stakeholders: Administrators, Alberta Sport Connection, Club Teams, Coaches, Corporate Partners, Hockey Canada, Leagues, Local Minor Hockey Associations, Managers, Officials, Parents, and Trainers.
Hockey Alberta Fast Facts: Hockey Alberta is the governing body for organized hockey in the Province of Alberta, encouraging competition on both a competitive and recreational level for those who enjoy hockey for the sportsmanship, skill and enjoyment it can provide.
Hockey Alberta is a member of Hockey Canada and takes an active part in setting national policy. Hockey Alberta is represented on the Hockey Development Council of Hockey Canada, which prepares the technical programs for coaches, referees and other areas of hockey and provides Alberta with access to instructional material compiled by Canada’s most expert instructors.
Rules and Regulations governing hockey are standard across Canada. Members of Hockey Alberta have an opportunity to recommend rule changes which are then reviewed by the National body. Referees are members of Hockey Alberta and the Officials Committee is part of Hockey Alberta’s Operational committee structure. Official schools and clinics are held throughout the Province. Membership in Hockey Alberta entitles teams to the use of registered officials.
Services and resources available through Hockey Alberta include:
- Hosting regional and provincial championship competitions at most levels of Minor, Junior, Senior and Female hockey.
- Certified Coaching Clinics at nominal rates with instruction from qualified instructors.
- Appeal Board to which any member, team or player may appeal any disciplinary measure or other matter rendered against him/her.
- Issues permits for tournaments and exhibition games in order to ensure that participating teams meet age and other registration requirements.
- All players and officials of member teams are required to register in the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR) to ensure equity on the basis of age and residential requirements.
- Rule books, training manuals, information bulletins and posters through the Hockey Alberta office.
- Directors, Zone Team members or office staff are available on request to assist any organization.