High Performance 1
Hockey Alberta will be hosting the 2017 National Coaching Certification Program High Performance 1 Seminar in Camrose Alberta, July 17 – 23.
The 2017 NCCP High Performance 1 Seminar will include professional speakers in the delivery of sessions including special teams, planning to perform, offensive/defensive team play, goaltending, game and bench management, ethics in coaching, teambuilding and many more.
In addition to presentations and tasks, the selected coaches will run on-ice sessions and coach on the bench in game situations. The NCCP High Performance 1 coaches will be guided by some of the best leaders and mentors in Canada.
This year’s seminar will be run in conjunction with AJHL Development Camp featuring. This will provide practical learning opportunities and aid in the development of our coaches.
The High Performance 1 Seminar is a full week with long days and coaches will need to be committed and prepared upon their arrival. The seminar will include both individual and group tasks and assignments that will be used to support the delegates in becoming a fully certified High Performance 1 Coach.
National coach requirements relating to High Performance Certification and the 2017 Seminar indicate that:
All Head Coaches coaching Bantam, Midget and Junior A teams that compete in Interprovincial or National Championships or the highest level as determined by the branch, must be High Performance 1 Certified. It is recommended that all Assistant Coaches be at minimum Development 1 trained.
In Alberta this requirement will directly affect the following leagues for the 2017-2018 season:
Bantam AAA - AMBHL
Midget AAA – AMHL
Midget AAA Female – AMMFL
Junior A – AJHL
Midget AAA – AMMHL*
*Head Coaches of the AMMHL will require HP1 Certification as of the 2017-2018 season.
Those coaches applying for the NCCP High Performance 1 seminar must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently coaching elite athletes in a competitive stream.
Priority will be given to those coaches that are:
- Currently or will be coaching in one of the five required leagues
- Certified at the Development 1 Level
To complete the field evaluation following the seminar, coaches must meet the following criteria:
- For coaches in the male stream, you must be the head coach at the Bantam AA Level or higher, or be assistant coaching at the Bantam AAA level or higher under proper guidance
- For coaches in the female stream, you must be the head coach at the Midget AAA level of higher or be assistant coaching at the College, University or Senior AAA level.
All candidates applying for NCCP High Performance 1 will be subject to selection by the Hockey Alberta High Performance 1 Coaching Committee. Not all applicants will qualify for the NCCP High Performance 1 Level.
2017 Hockey Alberta High Performance 1 Seminar includes:
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All required course material and coaching resources
- Track suit and registration gift
- Written assignment marking and field evaluation
High Performance 1 Seminar: $1,250
High Performance 1 Seminar including accommodations: $1,500
*Accommodations will be single occupancy at the Augustana campus residence*
*The deadline to apply for the 2017 High Performance 1 Seminar is April 30*